Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sly Cooper the movie
I'm sure some of you heard of this by now, but Sly Cooper is finally getting an animated feature.

Some of the complaints are coming from the fact that Murray and Sly have pants. but I can assume that the pants were added to make sure that people who weren't into Sly Cooper wouldn't assume that the characters were half naked. Anyone looking forward to this? I just hope that they don't mess up the design of the fox officer Carmelita.
I, for one, eagerly await this movie. The CGI even looks remarkably good, keeping true to the spirit of the games. Also, I pity those that complain about the pants ... I really, really do.
I have a feeling that my wish of video games being adapted for animated films is finally coming true. I'm eagerly waiting for this one to be released. Been a fan of Sly Cooper for a long time now. Even though I hoped that if a film did happen they'd do it in hand-drawn animation similar to the comic book inspired cutscenes in the first three games. But this will do.
[Image: 362o2f.jpg]

As you may or may not know, Sly Cooper is one of my favrate games ever so having a Sly Cooper movie is just plan AWSOME.

I do have a few problums.

1. Why do they have pants? We have many different movie characters that don't have pants (or cloths at all), namely Pooh and the Smurfs.
  2. When does this take place. I would like to say some time in the first game but Bentley is driving, so it has to be some time between the gang getting out of jail and the end of Sly 2 because of reasons that happen to deal with his legs.
  3. The gang looks...... off. It might be the CGI, but I think I'll get use to it. Also Bentley's eyes. Why do we see them?

Other than that bring it on. I wait for the announcement of the Jaxter movie that we all know is coming.
First Ratchet and Clank, now this? Yes, please.
I think the reason why Sly and the gang have pants is likely so that the characters wouldn't appear half naked to certain audiences. I dont know why they got pants, but I think it suits them well. According to some sources, the film is set sometime during the events of the first game. While your waiting for the Jaxter movie, I'll be waiting for a Crash Bandicoot movie.
(01-29-2014, 12:55 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I think the reason why Sly and the gang have pants is likely so that the characters wouldn't appear half naked to certain audiences. I dont know why they got pants, but I think it suits them well. According to some sources, the film is set sometime during the events of the first game. While your waiting for the Jaxter movie, I'll be waiting for a Crash Bandicoot movie.

How about a Spyro movie?
A spyro movie would be great too. Although, its a shame that one was planned and would later be canceled(Damn you to hell Activision).
I get a good feeling about a Jak animated movie.
It's weird, but the more you think about games made by Sony, they all seem like they could ALL transition into films or catroon shows pretty easily.

I mean, you could probably do it to a lot of games, but for Sony franchises it's just the easiest it seems.
Honestly, what would excite more the most would be a full Metroid movie. But, I really do like the idea of a Sly movie.

Let's hope it doesn't stray too far away from the games.
(01-29-2014, 01:39 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: It's weird, but the more you think about games made by Sony, they all seem like they could ALL transition into films or catroon shows pretty easily.

I mean, you could probably do it to a lot of games, but for Sony franchises it's just the easiest it seems.

I would love for most of my favorite games to hit the big screen. Ape Escape, Bomberman, and Zelda would make great movies in my opinion, but I keep thinking of Mario, BloodRayne, and Prince of Persia (the last I have yet to see but I hear is bad). Though there are good game movies out there (Ace Attorney and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie anyone?), so I still have some fath that a good movie can come out of any idea.

I still have no hope for Need for Speed though.
(01-29-2014, 02:07 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: I still have no hope for Need for Speed though.

Eh, it might still be good. Shitty marketing doesn't mean it's a shitty movie. Just like how great marketing doesn't mean it's a great movie.
(01-29-2014, 02:07 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Prince of Persia (the last I have yet to see but I hear is bad)

What? No way! PoP is one of the better game-to-movie adaptations I've seen.
(01-29-2014, 03:43 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(01-29-2014, 02:07 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Prince of Persia (the last I have yet to see but I hear is bad)

What? No way! PoP is one of the better game-to-movie adaptations I've seen.

Good. Being the local PoP fan, I was planing on geting it sometime soon....... when I can find it.