Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A live-action/CG animated Rescue Rangers movie has been announced
http://www.rotoscopers.com/2014/01/31/ch...e-revival/

I dont know if people actually remember the cartoon Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, I know that some gamers on here remember the video game that Capcom made on the NES console. I personally don't have a whole lot of memories about the cartoon Rescue Rangers(apart from the fact that it was originally planned as an animated series based off of the Disney movie 'The Rescuers' only to be switched to Chip N Dale).

Disney was at one point considering doing an animated feature based off of the show sometime in the 90s, but nothing came out of it. I know that people have asked for a movie, but i'm baffled why Disney would approve of it as a live-action/CG hybrid. Given the fact that Disney wants the money that is coming out of the shitty hybrids of Alvin and the chipmunks(since they announced a 4th hybrid film of those rodents). Not a whole lot of people are taking this well. It would make more sense if they just made it as an animated feature rather than making it as knock off of the Alvin and the shitmunks hybrid films.
I don't even know what to say to that. All I can think of is more smurf quality kind of crap.
I don't get why people make cutesy CGI animals in movies, they usually never do well or are very shitty.
(02-02-2014, 01:32 AM)JiraiyaSannin Wrote: I don't get why people make cutesy CGI animals in movies, they usually never do well or are very shitty.

Its the same reason why pillows with flashing lights are sold on tv. Grandmas think the grandkids think its cool.
I just don't understand, why not do it fully animated? It's so unnecessary. Who Framed Roger Rabbit was 25 years ago. The success of it was not solely because of animated and live action being spliced. It's not cool anymore.

This trend annoys me. It's really dating the movie when they do this. nowadays if you ask me. It messes with the suspension of disbelief.

Though this doesn't annoy me as much as the Alf CGI/Live Action they're doing...
(02-02-2014, 04:56 AM)MidwayCJ Wrote: Though this doesn't annoy me as much as the Alf CGI/Live Action they're doing...

Excuse me?
(02-02-2014, 04:58 AM)Wastelander Wrote:
(02-02-2014, 04:56 AM)MidwayCJ Wrote: Though this doesn't annoy me as much as the Alf CGI/Live Action they're doing...

Excuse me?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vi...sco-360011

I don't see how this is better than using a puppet. A puppet that looks real in comparison to CGI and won't date the movie by it's animation.

I understand that you'd have to build sets full of trap doors like 6 feet off the floor, but I don't understand how it'd be cheaper.

I know Paul Fusco is an aging Puppeteer which can be hard on the joints for someone his age, and that some of his expression might require a Waldo for a movie, especially since ALF was extremely difficult to puppeteer, and filming it was apparently a nightmare...

But the thing is I don't think those are the reason's they're doing it. I could forgive all the technical reasons behind the puppeteering, but it's not like the TV show was the only time they ever had an ALF show with a puppet.

It just seems wrong to me. I loved ALF growing up.
'ALF' Movie Lands at Sony Animation With 'Smurfs' Producer (Exclusive)

ALF' Movie

With 'Smurfs' Producer

.................. no

Seriously, whether it's ALF or Rescue Rangers, they need to stop doing this crap. For all of the realz, yo.
(02-02-2014, 08:26 AM)Wastelander Wrote: 'ALF' Movie Lands at Sony Animation With 'Smurfs' Producer (Exclusive)

ALF' Movie

With 'Smurfs' Producer

.................. no

Seriously, whether it's ALF or Rescue Rangers, they need to stop doing this crap. For all of the realz, yo.

I know. Hopefully Disney won't do so bad with it even if it doesn't bode well. It doesn't look like there's any hope for ALF though.

Truth be told I haven't seen the Smurfs movie, but I was never a huge fan of the Smurfs.
The whole live-action/CG cartoon movie method started off with Rocky and Bullwinkle. Unlike the future live-action/CG hybrids based off of cartoons, the two animated characters(Rocky and Bullwinkle) actually looked like they were animated instead of being photoshopped realistic animals. I dont know why Hollywood even bothers with doing these types of movies. Sure, its made for a child that has an i.q of a zombie, but even as a kid, I always thought these kind of movies were hideous to watch.

Alvin and the shitmunks marked the whole 'live-action film' based off of cartoons back on the map since we were this close to seeing this type of film making die since Underdog didn't meet with Disney's expecations at the box office. Instead. People flooded(which I can assume most of them were parents who were bugged to death by their own kids to see this crap) to see realistic animals over seeing something good. I dislike the smurfs live-action movies with a passion, why? Because around that same time Disney released Winnie The Pooh and people flocked to see those blue turds over seeing a good movie(I wont forget the fact that a couple of former Disney workers called out on people who saw The Smurfs over Winnie the pooh. I dont blame them). The fact that its happening with Chip n Dale and Alf is bad enough as it is. I wont be surprised if there's already a petition to make Chip N Dale as an animated feature since not a whole lot of people want to see two chipmunks from Disney turned into photoshopped realistic animals.
To be fair, though, there are petitions for just about anything these days. They're the modern version of lawsuits.
Most petitions don't even work. They rarely do. The only one I know that worked was that petition to bring back the South Park episode 'Trapped in the closet' on TV since Tom Cruise threatened to sue Paramount for the infamous 'tom is in the closet' joke throughout the episode.

Tad Stones(Darkwing Duck) is trying to get on board with this project. So chances are he's gonna try to talk some sense into the people who are making this. Let the gods of Hollywood approve of his actions so Disney doesn't shoot themselves in the shitter.
(02-02-2014, 11:32 AM)CLXcool Wrote: The whole live-action/CG cartoon movie method started off with Rocky and Bullwinkle. Unlike the future live-action/CG hybrids based off of cartoons, the two animated characters(Rocky and Bullwinkle) actually looked like they were animated instead of being photoshopped realistic animals. I dont know why Hollywood even bothers with doing these types of movies. Sure, its made for a child that has an i.q of a zombie, but even as a kid, I always thought these kind of movies were hideous to watch.

Man I forgot about that movie. I think I went to see it, but only because of Kenan and Kel.
If this amounts to anything, I wish to see another Capcom/Wayforward collab on the classic NES game.
(02-03-2014, 04:33 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: If this amounts to anything, I wish to see another Capcom/Wayforward collab on the classic NES game.

This is the only good I can see coming from this.

I don't know if they would though, since a lot of people didn't seem to like it because it was still, you know. Hard.