Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic Boom Video Game
Hey guys, I hope this is the right place to talk about it and post this.

So a few months back they announced a new Sonic cartoon called Sonic Boom which was gawked at in horror by the silhouettes of the main characters, and now they've announced a game based on it.

http://nintendoeverything.com/sega-plann...s-designs/

What are your guys' thoughts? I honestly don't think Knuckles looks TOO bad, though his head does look weird on that body. I don't understand why Sonic needs sports tape on his legs and arms. Knuckles I can understand to an extent on his hands and such but it just seems like they over did it with the sports tape.

I'm also really concerned that Sega keeps trying to do weird new stuff with Sonic over and over and over again because it doesn't really seem to be working out too well as a whole. Though I like Lost Worlds I think they should have chilled out for a little while after Colors and Generations did so well. They just seem to have more hits than misses though I have to give them props on trying to innovate and try new things.
Wow, so they actually rebooted the series in a way.

Interesting.

Also, here is Amy and Tails.

[Image: sonic_boom.jpg]
GAH! That looks... slightly creepy. Needs more fine-tuning. To me, it seems as if they are trying to make them look like humans with big heads and fur. But they are critters, and we have come to expect their tiny bodies, stick like limbs and bowling ball sized craniums as normal. If it goes back to their old proportions, I think I would enjoy the additions.

I do like the idea of a tool belt on Tails. It fits his character.
I don't think the proportions are that bad, I was expecting something much different based off the shadows from the Sonic Boom Teaser.

I agree that I think Tails is the best. He looks like he has a little more attitude in the picture. I know it's one drawing but not sure how I feel about that. Though at the same time I've wanted him to grow up a little.

Edit: There's a trailer now!

http://video.lefigaro.fr/figaro/video/la...522154001/

Don't know if I like them as much as how they look in the trailer, but it's one trailer and everything is going fast, so I want to with hold judgement.
Why does Knuckles have Storm's body?

Other than that, I like the redesigns. Glade to see one of my favorite characters is coming back and looks cuter too. Now we need to add Blaze and leave out Silver and we'll be golden.
Miles developed a leather fetish. Euh ....

Dwayne "The Knuckles" Johnson ...

SANIC actually looks alright. Nothing special, though I do have to wonder about the bandages around his shoes.

Amy ... actually has a better design than before. Cool beans.

@Trailer: Moar liek "Sonic: WubWubWub"
Ah damn, they fucked it up.

Go home guys, Sega fucked up again.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/06/se...w-and-toys
(02-06-2014, 03:23 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Ah damn, they fucked it up.

Go home guys, Sega fucked up again.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/06/se...w-and-toys

I knew about that for awhile now, but I forgot about it untill just now. I can't wait.
Now the crazy fans of Sonic are demanding a new mascot from Sega since they aren't liking this reboot of Sonic at all. As for the designs, I like how Tails looks more like he's a tech guy. The tool belt fits him. I dont know why they made Knunckles into a powerhouse guy. That design is gonna take a while for me to get used to.

Also...why dont people just wait for this to come out before assuming it will suck? This will be the last Sonic game(until further announcements) for the 3DS and Wii U btw.
(02-06-2014, 07:08 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Now the crazy fans of Sonic are demanding a new mascot from Sega since they aren't liking this reboot of Sonic at all. As for the designs, I like how Tails looks more like he's a tech guy. The tool belt fits him. I dont know why they made Knunckles into a powerhouse guy. That design is gonna take a while for me to get used to.

Also...why dont people just wait for this to come out before assuming it will suck? This will be the last Sonic game(until further announcements) for the 3DS and Wii U btw.

Have you seen Sonic fans? they are crazy and will hunt down Sonic Team/SEGA for changing/not changing the character(s)/gameplay/anything.

I just like how SEGA just goes "People are waning from the series. Lets try something new." While Nintendo is like "People are waning from the series. Lets do the same thing and see how that goes." (That last sentance does not include 3D World.)
I kind of like the new designs. If nothing else, I can laugh at the bases people make on DA.
Here's a trailer for the aforementioned cartoon:

Sort of weird to say, but I'm actually sort of excited to watch it, even though I've never been a big Sawnic fan. I mean, fuck, it's a cartoon based on a videogame that actually looks like it has to do with a videogame. The animation is neat and hell, the back-and-forth between Sonic and Eggman was surprisingly non-cringe worthy. Here's hoping they don't botch it up.

Vidyagame looks dumb, 2/10.
I like the action in the cartoon, and the animation as well, but the jokes were just "urgh" ... It's like what writers come up with when they want to make jokes for kids and think kids are stupid.
Will more likely not care for sonic boom
(02-06-2014, 11:33 PM)Arjahn Wrote: Sort of weird to say, but I'm actually sort of excited to watch it, even though I've never been a big Sawnic fan. I mean, fuck, it's a cartoon based on a videogame that actually looks like it has to do with a videogame. The animation is neat and hell, the back-and-forth between Sonic and Eggman was surprisingly non-cringe worthy. Here's hoping they don't botch it up.

I'm cautiously looking forward to it too. At least it seems better than Sonic X, though I'm not sure I like the idea of episodes only lasting 10 minutes each. The Amazing World of Gumball and Regular Show made it work with the offbeat humor and randomness but Adventure Time is the only show I've seen make it work with an actual story. We'll see how this goes.