Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Creepy Levels In Old Games
I wanted to get on this topic for a while.

Basically, what were some creepy levels in old games you have? (Like, for PS2/XBox or lower) I prefer if they were cartoon games for kids/teens, cause cartoon games with creepy levels is always wierd.

Final boss of Resident Evil 2... That always creeps me out. William Birkins final form... As a blob. Scary as heck, man.
Lavender Town was kind of scary.
I'm going to make myself feel old by saying this but the Lair of the Beast from Sly Cooper was pretty creepy.

(02-07-2014, 06:22 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Lavender Town was kind of scary.

[Image: tumblr_m8ma0c70Po1qfi5b1.gif]
^That show was too.

Another one, in some of the DBZ games, you could fight in hell and Buu's stomach.

In DQVIII, there was a monochromatic dark world that game me motion sickness, but it was also creepy.
Stop and Go from the original Donkey Kong Country. You're a liar if you say you played that level as a kid and it didn't scare you.
The part in the Arsenal gear with the colonel from MGS2.
^^ Arsenal Gear from MGS2, Tangu's scare me
(02-07-2014, 05:34 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote: Final boss of Resident Evil 2... That always creeps me out. William Birkins final form... As a blob. Scary as heck, man.

If we can just throw in actual horror games (and since Lavender Town was already mentioned), all of Silent Hill. All of it.
(02-07-2014, 08:48 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Stop and Go from the original Donkey Kong Country. You're a liar if you say you played that level as a kid and it didn't scare you.

THIS. WAS. TERRIFYING.
There was one level from the computer game Myst(the first one) that had some very creepy music. I think it was an underground part of the game. Its been too long since I saw anyone played Myst to know the exact scene.
Silent Hill 2 with Pyramid Head dry humping the crap out of some mannequin in the dark while me(i.e the character I'm playing) is staring on in the closet looking through the cracks of the blinds on the door hoping he doesn't see me spying on him.
Chernarus is a pretty damn scary place. The constant paranoia and the fact that another human being might be behind you at any time ready to shoot your brains out. Fuck the zombies man, humans are terrifying.

Then there's this:
[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVxXHyE1CJM[/video]
The Boo Mansion in Super Mario 64 scared the living daylights out of me as a kid.
Or, there was this insanity in LEMMINGS, of all games...
[Image: Lemmings.png]

I want to know who thought this was a good idea. Let's have a level of corpses in what is mostly a pretty cute (if not brutally challenging, at least for me) game.
When I was a kid Dino Crisis scared the shit outta me.
That level in Max Payne where you have to follow the blood trails in the completely blank room. That is some seriously freaky stuff.