Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Confessions
We've got VG achievements thread for all our greatest moments. Now it's time for the worst. Confess your dirtiest secrets to all!

Here's a bunch of mine:

I have a problem with buying games. Whenever I see a good deal I just can't pass it if the game is even moderately interesting looking.

I hate unboxing videos yet I have made one myself. In which I rant about people who do unboxing videos. How ironic. Link to stupidity

I have never once played a Zelda game more than 5 minutes nor do I plan to. That 5 minutes was the first one on NES and I ended up just watching it as a Let's Play.

I liked Duke Nukem Forever.

I have loads of RPGs and I love playing them, yet I have never finished one because of various reasons. No, not even Pokémon.

I collect fighting games and say I'm a fan but I'm only playing them casually and I'm not really good at them.

I love pony games D:

Some people say I'm a videogame hipster. I think it might be true.

...help me...
-I have never owned any form of XBox, nor have I owned a Playstation past the original (and that was technically my brothers).

-I HATE the Wii controls so much that it sometimes makes me angry, because I both want and do not want to play Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.
I don't like the Half Lifes

I get REALLY jealous of people who are "older" then me on something like video games, groups, forums (i.e this one). I enjoy being an old-fag D:
Never played Chrono Trigger

Never owned an original Xbox

I also buy moderately OKish games because generally the price is reasonable. It's good buying to me. (especially now since Blockbuster have been selling games for 50% off at minimum) :D

I would say I like Sonic '06 but I didn't find it as bad as people claimed

Never played MGS 2 or 3 (but I'm going through 'me in order from Retrolinkxs post from DYKG)

I've sent my fair amount of rage mail on Xbox. (Mainly those that send me them first on games like Tekken or Gears)

I love to buy new games and keep them sealed (Nintendo games especially)

The WiiU is the first Nintendo console I haven't got on launch (because it's meh)

Never played SystemShock 1 or 2

I generally don't like some of the Zelda fanbase
I generally don't understand people who buy games or whatever and never open them. It's just so weird. Yet, I have my Ninja Masters cart for NeoGeo X sealed and I propably won't open it either.
(03-18-2013, 02:42 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: I generally don't like some of the Zelda fanbase

Can I ask you to elaborate on this one? I only ask because I have never noticed anything displeasing from them myself.

(03-18-2013, 02:46 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I generally don't understand people who buy games or whatever and never open them. It's just so weird. Yet, I have my Ninja Masters cart for NeoGeo X sealed and I propably won't open it either.

I have an unopened limited edition 25th anniversary gold Skyward Sword with gold Wiimote.
I have another, non-limited edition I play.
(03-18-2013, 02:46 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I generally don't understand people who buy games or whatever and never open them. It's just so weird. Yet, I have my Ninja Masters cart for NeoGeo X sealed and I propably won't open it either.

To put it bluntly, people collect stamps, fish, coins, cars and I collect games. I just like having them sealed to then sell on a later price like my Zelda consoles or sealed TP, WW, OoT3D etc. Then give it on to someone else to take care of when I'm dead.

(03-18-2013, 02:46 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 02:42 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: I generally don't like some of the Zelda fanbase

Can I ask you to elaborate on this one? I only ask because I have never noticed anything displeasing from them myself.

I've come across so many of them as being elitist dorks. They take pride in saying "CoD is a shitty generic bland series that reuses the same old crap etc" yet the Zelda series has been doing it for the last 25 years.
Or any level of critcism towards the Zelda series(no matter how well constructed) is instantly wiped off with "Go play CoD on your Xbox".
If it's not that, then they generalise the Xbox 360/PS3 as being inferior consoles with crap games despite the fact I've had some of the best gaming experiences ever on the Xbox (Bioshock, Dead Space, Journey, MAss Effect, the insane amount of hours and matches in Street Fighter 4, The Witcher 2, Ni No Kuni etc)
Lastly was when I was saying how I thought Fi was one of the most annoying characters ever, people will blindly defend her or be insulted it by what I say because they can't admit the Zelda series has flaws/bad game choices.

I love Ocarina of Time but if I want to be completely level head, fair, balanced and unbiased about the game, I could pick out problems with it. Not as easily as Skyward Sword but I know of it's few problems. Some (some) of them just come off as smug elitists.
(03-18-2013, 02:52 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:

I've come across so many of them as being elitist dorks. They take pride in saying "CoD is a shitty generic bland series that reuses the same old crap etc" yet the Zelda series has been doing it for the last 25 years.
Or any level of critcism towards the Zelda series(no matter how well constructed) is instantly wiped off with "Go play CoD on your Xbox".
If it's not that, then they generalise the Xbox 360/PS3 as being inferior consoles with crap games despite the fact I've had some of the best gaming experiences ever on the Xbox (Bioshock, Dead Space, Journey, MAss Effect, the insane amount of hours and matches in Street Fighter 4, The Witcher 2, Ni No Kuni etc)
Lastly was when I was saying how I thought Fi was one of the most annoying characters ever, people will blindly defend her or be insulted it by what I say because they can't admit the Zelda series has flaws/bad game choices.

I love Ocarina of Time but if I want to be completely level head, fair, balanced and unbiased about the game, I could pick out problems with it. Not as easily as Skyward Sword but I know of it's few problems. Some (some) of them just come off as smug elitists.

Oh wow. I guess i'm lucky i've never come across that side of the fandom.
And I still agree- Fi is incredibly annoying. All games have flaws, it just takes a true fan (or an open minded one) to admit it.

To put it bluntly, people collect stamps, fish, coins, cars and I collect games. I just like having them sealed to then sell on a later price like my Zelda consoles or sealed TP, WW, OoT3D etc. Then give it on to someone else to take care of when I'm dead.

I'm more the kind of person who doesn't like to have stuff just for looks. That's why I collect games, movies and comics. So I can play, watch and read them all I want. Having one just sitting on my shelf feels like defeating the purpose. Yet I still break that one little rule of mine.
(03-18-2013, 02:55 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote:

And I still agree- Fi is incredibly annoying. All games have flaws, it just takes a true fan (or an open minded one) to admit it.
I haven't come into them often but there are so man I've seen on YouTube comments and forums. It's with anything really. Clingy fandom.

I'm more the kind of person who doesn't like to have stuff just for looks. That's why I collect games, movies and comics. So I can play, watch and read them all I want. Having one just sitting on my shelf feels like defeating the purpose. Yet I still break that one little rule of mine.
The good thing about the Zelda series is they usually have a special edition that'd made for collection (Skyward Sword with it's anniversary edition, or the NES and N64 gold carts) and I wouldn't really want to use the special Zelda consoles when the current 3DS is fine.

Back on topic (whoops).
(03-18-2013, 02:58 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 02:55 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote:

I haven't come into them often but there are so man I've seen on YouTube comments and forums. It's with anything really. Clingy fandom.

I wonder if i'll get any when I start posting videos on my new channel 0_O I hope not. I like pretending our fandom is perfect.
(03-18-2013, 03:01 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: I like pretending our fandom is perfect.

Then you're part of the problem! AAAAAA!
- I played Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth only for the easy 1k achievements (only takes like a min to get all 1000/1000).

- I literally bought Minecraft because of Yahtzee's review on it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wgQvij3rVE)

- I really REALLY REALLY hate spawn killers. They get me angry more than anything.

- The Sonic Fanbase is probably the worst one I've ever encountered. I know people who enjoy Sonic and all the stuff he's in, but I'm talking about the fanboys and fangirls. Mainly on GameFAQ's.

- I pretty much hate modern sonic. I haven't found a single modern sonic game that I've enjoyed. I used to enjoy Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, but I realize that was only for the Chao garden.

-I've owned every Nintendo home console besides the Wii U, which I do plan on getting.

-The 3DS was the first Nintendo handheld that I've actually owned.

-I've owned a PS1 and a PS2 and pretty much refuse to get a PS3. The PS4 is interesting to me.

-I've owned an Xbox and an Xbox 360. I've been a gold member for 7 years.

If I think of any more, I'll add 'em.
(03-18-2013, 03:02 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 03:01 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: I like pretending our fandom is perfect.

Then you're part of the problem! AAAAAA!

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I have never played any Final Fantasy or MOTHER game

I really don't like Journey.

I Still like Sonic Adventure 2

I have never beaten Chrono Trigger or Majora's Mask

I have an somewhat irrational hatred towards the Xbox 360