Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
17 year old shot by cop while holding a wii controller
Read all about it. I just can't even believe this happened.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/child-...z2tnRuNzCN
Then the link to that shooting of the two unarmed women. Jesus fucking Christ, and then the cops wonder why people don't trust them.

I was going to make a Wii joke but that's just... That's just wrong.
I feel like we're missing part of the story here.
You often (though not always) are in the more ridiculous sounding police shooting articles. I'm not necessarily saying that's the case here but it's certainly possible. Granted, if it actually happened the way the article describes (knock on door -> kid answers -> cop opens fire), this sounds like it's one of the stories that is exactly as horrible as it sounds.
(02-20-2014, 06:48 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I feel like we're missing part of the story here.

I am a bit skeptic but unless the cop was hurt or the eyewitnesses were all lying, something is amiss here.
(02-20-2014, 07:16 AM)Petie Wrote: You often (though not always) are in the more ridiculous sounding police shooting articles. I'm not necessarily saying that's the case here but it's certainly possible. Granted, if it actually happened the way the article describes (knock on door -> kid answers -> cop opens fire), this sounds like it's one of the stories that is exactly as horrible as it sounds.

It sounds like it. To instantly draw a weapon like that without looking at what he was holding is clearly a sign of reacting to quickly.
Still though, R.I.P.
(02-20-2014, 05:03 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: It sounds like it. To instantly draw a weapon like that without looking at what he was holding is clearly a sign of reacting to quickly.
Still though, R.I.P.

Not necessarily. Quick reactions are necessary to protect your own life if you legitimately believe you are being threatened. Had the kid actually been holding a gun and planning on using it, the cop acted correctly. The real issue here is not using the rest of the situation to figure out that he wasn't actually in any danger. Just a quick look at something that almost looks like a gun shouldn't be enough to immediately open fire, especially if the "gun" isn't being pointed at him. Accessing the situation, realizing that there was no threatening behavior, and taking just a slightly closer look at the "gun" could likely have prevented this.
Why am I getting the feeling that there is an element missing from this story? Sure its shocking, but it feels like something is missing here.
(02-20-2014, 05:58 PM)Petie Wrote:
(02-20-2014, 05:03 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: It sounds like it. To instantly draw a weapon like that without looking at what he was holding is clearly a sign of reacting to quickly.
Still though, R.I.P.

Not necessarily. Quick reactions are necessary to protect your own life if you legitimately believe you are being threatened. Had the kid actually been holding a gun and planning on using it, the cop acted correctly. The real issue here is not using the rest of the situation to figure out that he wasn't actually in any danger. Just a quick look at something that almost looks like a gun shouldn't be enough to immediately open fire, especially if the "gun" isn't being pointed at him. Accessing the situation, realizing that there was no threatening behavior, and taking just a slightly closer look at the "gun" could likely have prevented this.

...But that's exactly what they were saying? They didn't asses the situation properly and reacted too quickly and violently.

The sad thing is she'll probably get away with it. Like someone else said, this happens all the time and then the police force wonders why no one trusts or even likes them.
Besides this forum im part of an other forum and usually i like to see which forum gets the news first. This forum usually wins. All i have to say is that i agree with the topic said at the end screw "Protect and serve" more like shoot first and justify later. Hope that fucker goes to jail for abusing his power (Cause cops can go to jail)
(02-20-2014, 09:27 PM)MidwayCJ Wrote: ...But that's exactly what they were saying? They didn't asses the situation properly and reacted too quickly and violently.

I just meant that quick reactions aren't necessarily indicative of poor judgement. They just happened to coincide this time.
(02-20-2014, 09:37 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: Hope that fucker goes to jail for abusing his power (Cause cops can go to jail)
To bad that rarely happens in most cases I've seen. They usually get off with ridiculously laid back sentences or get no punishments at all.

Like this one story I heard a while ago. This family had a gun pulled on them at their house so they took out their gun and called the cops. The guy who pulls out the gun runs away, the cops show up and start and detaining one of the family members. The kicker? Their dog was behind a fence and a female officer shot it in the face for no damn reason. She got a 3 month suspension.

For the past few years they only accept morons or people with itchy trigger fingers. I can't wait until those police cameras are universally used so all of this bullshit stops.
(02-20-2014, 10:03 PM)FUS RO DAH Wrote:
(02-20-2014, 09:37 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: Hope that fucker goes to jail for abusing his power (Cause cops can go to jail)
To bad that rarely happens in most cases I've seen. They usually get off with ridiculously laid back sentences or get no punishments at all.

Like this one story I heard a while ago. This family had a gun pulled on them at their house so they took out their gun and called the cops. The guy who pulls out the gun runs away, the cops show up and start and detaining one of the family members. The kicker? Their dog was behind a fence and a female officer shot it in the face for no damn reason. She got a 3 month suspension.

For the past few years they only accept morons or people with itchy trigger fingers. I can't wait until those police cameras are universally used so all of this bullshit stops.

I heard about this one story about this guy who was playing with his dog outside a cop was doing patrol around the street and than randomly the cop goes to the house (Probably worth saying the dog is well trained and knows his boundaries) and he just shot dog for no reason. When people/other officers asked him why he said "It looked like he was going to attack me". Cop got let off free
(02-20-2014, 10:22 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote:
(02-20-2014, 10:03 PM)FUS RO DAH Wrote:

I heard about this one story about this guy who was playing with his dog outside a cop was doing patrol around the street and than randomly the cop goes to the house (Probably worth saying the dog is well trained and knows his boundaries) and he just shot dog for no reason. When people/other officers asked him why he said "It looked like he was going to attack me". Cop got let off free

Cops seriously need to be punished like everyone else. They think there so powerful and think they can do anything just cause they have a gun and a badge.
Since we are sharing fucked up cop stories, there's this one that happened here a couple of years ago. A police officer stopped a 15 year old girl on the street by showing her his badge, took her to his place and raped her. The ending to this story? The girl turned 16 before the trial was held and since she by that time had reached something completely asinine called "the safe age" the cop, for some ridiculous reason, got let off from the rape charges. He also kept his job because despite using his badge to lure the girl in he didn't do so during work time. So yeah, there's a pedophiliac rapist cop patrolling the streets of Finland.