Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Space Jam 2...with Lebron James
http://www.slashfilm.com/space-jam-2-in-...-starring/

I wish I was making this up, but I am not(was announcing this sequel even necessary?). I know that a few people who have worked at WB in the 90s said that there were talks for a sequel to Space Jam. But the idea never came through apart from some concept artwork that was handled by one of the animators(Bob Camp of Ren and Stimpy fame if your wondering).

Thoughts? I was never into the first one to begin with. Even as a kid I thought it was odd seeing Bugs Bunny having to play basketball(doesn't help that its just a commercial movie based off an ad that Michael Jordan did back in the day).
I'd watch it. I liked the first Space Jam and I don't even like Basketball.
Jeeeeez... Hollywood really is out of ideas if they're scrapping this far at the bottom of the barrel. It can't be as bad as the new Hong Kong Phooey movie, though. They've got Eddie Murphy voicing him and they're not keeping the spirit of the original cartoon at all. Doesn't even look there's there's Sarge or Rosemary the Telephone Operator.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
This is most likely going to be terrible.

Still gonna go watch it.
It sounds so cheesy and bound to be really bad.

I'd see it. I've heard of worse ideas (see Hex's post for said worse idea)
Sorry for the hijack, but here's the Hong Kong Phooey test footage, which is a horrible harbinger of things to come.

(02-21-2014, 08:39 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Jeeeeez... Hollywood really is out of ideas if they're scrapping this far at the bottom of the barrel. It can't be as bad as the new Hong Kong Phooey movie, though. They've got Eddie Murphy voicing him and they're not keeping the spirit of the original cartoon at all. Doesn't even look there's there's Sarge or Rosemary the Telephone Operator.
Hex, I haven't heard anything new about the Hong Kong Phooey movie. Apart from the fact that footage of it got leaked around in 2012 that I discovered to animation historian Jerry Beck. I know that after I saw the trailer, Hong Kong sounded NOTHING like the late Scatman Crothers. They couldn't even find a decent soundalike of the late actor rather then someone who just uses his 'normal' voice(since he can't put the effort into creating a new voice since we've heard his regular voice too damn long) to voice the character?

But getting back on the subject of this. I just hope that the animated characters are 2D animated and don't be like what most cartoon characters have been getting with animated hybrids these days(cough alvin and the chipmunks cough smurfs cough).
(02-21-2014, 09:04 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Sorry for the hijack, but here's the Hong Kong Phooey test footage, which is a horrible harbinger of things to come.

I actually didn't think it was that bad until the bathroom joke went too far.
I enjoyed the first when I was a kid, it was a major fave of mine for a while. I'll probably see the sequel but.... 2D Bugs or 3D Bugs?

(02-21-2014, 09:04 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Sorry for the hijack, but here's the Hong Kong Phooey test footage, which is a horrible harbinger of things to come.

Oh dear.
(02-21-2014, 09:09 PM)CLXcool Wrote: But getting back on the subject of this. I just hope that the animated characters are 2D animated and don't be like what most cartoon characters have been getting with animated hybrids these days(cough alvin and the chipmunks cough smurfs cough).

2D animation is pretty much dead, so I'll be shocked if it isn't in 3D. That's what attracts the kiddies these days.

I'm just wondering what the characters' personalities will be like. I really can't take much of the Looney Tunes Show version of Lola Bunny. Way too spazzy and air headed for my liking.
(02-21-2014, 09:36 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(02-21-2014, 09:09 PM)CLXcool Wrote: But getting back on the subject of this. I just hope that the animated characters are 2D animated and don't be like what most cartoon characters have been getting with animated hybrids these days(cough alvin and the chipmunks cough smurfs cough).

2D animation is pretty much dead, so I'll be shocked if it isn't in 3D. That's what attracts the kiddies these days.

I'm just wondering what the characters' personalities will be like. I really can't take much of the Looney Tunes Show version of Lola Bunny. Way too spazzy and air headed for my liking.

Oh..... Oh my god. I forgot about that stupid show. Please I hope they don't put in THOSE personalities. I want it to be the sequel to one of my favorite childhood movies and not a f@%* reboot with stupid spazzes. TT.TT
I still have my VHS copy of Space Jam. I loved that movie as a kid. Sure today it is corny and very dated, especially since Michael Jordan is no longer playing basketball. But besides him and the 5 other players they had who else could they have to play in it?

Not too many of the basketball stars today are exactly great public speakers. Talented at the sport they play but as actors on screen, not so much. Only one they could probably tap into would be Shaq but that isn't a great talent pool to draw from.

As far as I can tell this is just a crappy idea to cash in on an old classic that wasn't that spectacular to begin with. Great childhood memories but this won't spark they same type of feeling the first one gave me.
I honestly thought that if they made a Space Jam 2 it would be with Kobe Bryant not Lebron but its alright still gonna watch it
They're also making a new Jingle all the Way.

[Image: ron-paul.gif][Image: ron-paul.gif][Image: ron-paul.gif][Image: ron-paul.gif][Image: ron-paul.gif][Image: ron-paul.gif][Image: ron-paul.gif][Image: ron-paul.gif][Image: ron-paul.gif][Image: ron-paul.gif][Image: ron-paul.gif][Image: ron-paul.gif][Image: ron-paul.gif][Image: ron-paul.gif]

Oddly enough, that left a bad taste in my mouth.