Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
So I'm starting to really get into Zelda again.
I played Link Between Worlds and was like "Wow, I forgot how much I liked Zelda." and so I started playing OoT again. I'm about to start the water temple, which is actually not my least favorite temple. Anyways, so then I remember/realize... "OoT isn't even my favorite. Twilight Princess is. Wait. No. Link to the Past is. Or was it Majora's Mask? There WERE a lot of side quests in Majora's Mask. But Link's Awakening had a great sound track... s***"

So I'm going through basically the series to see which one I think is my favorite.
Record it all.
I fully approve of your upcoming journey. The Zelda series is my absolute favorite so enjoy the trip!
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.
Good luck on your adventure back into the land of Hyrule.
I am Error.
You should make a long running forum post series with a title like
"Newt plays [insert Zelda game here]".
It'll have screen captures and lots of humour.
It's also a completely original idea that hasn't been done before under a different name from a different forumer.

Seriously Though, play Majoras Mask. Really shows what the Zelda team can do when they aren't constrained (if they are) by the Zelda formula but allowed to experiment with the Zelda mechanics and staples.
(03-01-2014, 05:45 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: You should make a long running forum post series with a title like
"Newt plays [insert Zelda game here]".
It'll have screen captures and lots of humour.
It's also a completely original idea that hasn't been done before under a different name from a different forumer.

Seriously Though, play Majoras Mask. Really shows what the Zelda team can do when they aren't constrained (if they are) by the Zelda formula but allowed to experiment with the Zelda mechanics and staples.

And make sure you have enough time to do it, otherwise you make very slow progress.
But make sure you let the others know it's not dead.
Say hi to the moon when you get to Majora's Mask.
MM, my favorite :O
I'm actually in the middle of MM myself. Well, on the rare occasion that I have the time to sit down and play video games these days, anyway. It hasn't aged as well as I had expected, but it's still a unique and moving experience.

I'm in the middle of Skyward Sword too, but I'm finding it to be kind of a slog. In some ways, it's the best Zelda game ever, and in others, it's the worst. At some point I got the urge to play through Link to the Past, so that distracted me for a few days. I managed to finish that one. Then I found an forum thread about various hidden things in MM, so I started it up. Now that I'm playing that, I'm tempted to go back to Ocarina of Time -- my wife has the 3DS version, and I haven't played that yet.

It's like I'm playing with some kind of matryoshka doll, each one I start makes me think of another one I'd like to play. I've completed most of the main Zelda games before, but it's just been a long time.
Duuude. Keep us updated. A Link Between Worlds was amazing! I'm glad it got you back into the series! It's always been my favorite. My favorite game would be Ocarina of Time.