Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Watchdogs quality differences

So, the 2012 demonstration on PC looks a lot better than the current PS4 demonstration. The obvious difference is there, but it makes me worried that they've since changed things on the pc one.

Thoughts, words?
Running on high end PC(2012) as opposed to last generation consoles (2013). Companies do this a lot though where the end product looks worse than it's initial debut.

This is even funnier.
Just another example of the superior, special, great PC Master Race absolutely destroying the inferior and dirty serfs of Consucks!!!!!!!!

/JK
Well, if they're going to make this an annual sort of thing, then they need to have wiggle room to improve the graphics. Even though it can already be the 2012 graphics, probably, they're gonna willingly downgrade it.
I'll just get the PS4 version eventually anyway so this does not alarm me.
What people need to realize is that they are looking at a game that has been obviously pre-rendered and is now showing what it actually looks like, they are going to be different. For me, visuals just don't matter. They are nothing more than a nice touch at best and they never make or break a game unless a graphical glitch can make the game unplayable. It's still looks good and the gameplay shouldn't lose anything because of how the game's graphics are. I hate how people do nothing but complain because they are so shocked it doesn't look the same. Gaming is a huge business so like any business they are going to polish things up and make something look it's best from the start to rope people in. If you don't complain about Beer Commercials then you've no right to complain about how games are advertised.
I don't complain about beer commercials because I'm 18...
Games always tend to look different on different gaming machines. Remember how some versions of Ghostbusters: The Video game had some versions of the game looked cartoony while others looked more realistic?
I trust E3 less and less every year. :(
(03-10-2014, 12:28 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I don't complain about beer commercials because I'm 18...

That was a general comparison. Go for Pepsi or Coke commercials if it makes you feel better. My point is, you are going to get over the top adds to try and sell you something regardless as long as it makes money the way games, beers, cokes, or anything like them do.

By the way, I never thought I'd say it, but thank you gamingbolt? http://gamingbolt.com/watch_dogs-on-ps4-...r-happened
I wonder how The Division will start to look when we actually see Gameplay.
(03-10-2014, 09:20 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: By the way, I never thought I'd say it, but thank you gamingbolt? http://gamingbolt.com/watch_dogs-on-ps4-...r-happened

I dunno what the fuss is about, the game looks fine in all of the examples.

(03-11-2014, 02:44 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: I wonder how The Division will start to look when we actually see Gameplay.

There are gameplay videos already out there.
(03-11-2014, 04:40 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(03-10-2014, 09:20 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: By the way, I never thought I'd say it, but thank you gamingbolt? http://gamingbolt.com/watch_dogs-on-ps4-...r-happened

I dunno what the fuss is about, the game looks fine in all of the examples.

(03-11-2014, 02:44 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: I wonder how The Division will start to look when we actually see Gameplay.

There are gameplay videos already out there.

That's exactly my point, people are flipping out over literally nothing.
Y'all need to hear the word of Jesus.

Jimothy Sterling's Jimquisition on Vertical Slices and Bullshot
Never did like Escapist Mag much. Listening to that doesn't change my opinion any. If people can't accept my earlier point, that gaming is going to exaggerate like any other hugely successful brand does, they are ones with the problem, not the companies themselves. People are used to older brands doing that but because games have just recently started doing this (I.E. in the last five years or so) people think that they have the right to treat them differently than anyone else who does it. Now to be fair, Aliens, Colonial Marines was a complete lie, but we don't know that Watch dogs is yet so comparing them like the video did on an at least, visual level is just as much of an exaggeration as people are saying Ubisoft made with the game itself. That's manipulation and that is part of the reason I have a problem that video.

The guy sounds like he's being subjective to anyone who is looking for yet another place to rage, but the video is clearly trying to invoke emotion over something that may not even be that big of a deal. We don't know, and won't know until it releases. People need to clam their tits until may when it releases and see what it really ends up being.