Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TV Pilots
There was some talk in http://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-157-page-30.html but I figure if this thread doesn't go far, everything'll be alright.

Anyway, I figured I'd include this. I thought it was pretty good and its unfortunate that it didn't get a tv slot. Its even more unfortunate that this series has a parody for adults if you catch my drift. Don't look up The Modifyers.

Anyways, found any dead in the water toons?
The modyifers was a fun short. I really liked the style of the show(had that throwback to those old action movies like James bond while having a colorful feel to it). Little rumor went around that the reason why it never got a show was because of the main character being female. While we are on the subject of Nicktoons. Here's a cartoon that I personally think deserves its own show

This was made around 2005-2006, but it never got aired on tv until 2008. I wish that this would one day pull an 'adventure time' so it can get its own show(if nobody gets what I mean by that. The pilot for Adventure time was made for Nick, but Nick didn't get around to airing it. So when pitched to Cartoon Network it became its own show).
I can't see it being because the character's a girl. There's enough shows with female protagonists to debunk that one.
Just blame that one because an executive at Nick made that choice. Executives tend to make stupid choices most of the time.
Has anyone seen the Battletoads animation pilot? I wonder how that show never picked up, considering stuff like that was real popular back in the day.
According to some research I've done about the Battletoads pilot,bad scheduling on the said pilot prevented it from getting picked up as a show. It aired around Thanksgiving. Everyone was paying attention to the thanksgiving parade that was happening at the time. I know that Milton Knight(who worked on Adventures of Sonic the hedgehog and Twisted Tales of Felix the cat) did some storyboards for the pilot on Battletoads.
In the original pilot of Malcolm in the Middle, they said Malcolm's last name was Wilkerson. The pilot for Fairly Odd Parents had Cosmo with a different voice actor. And here, have a clip for what Seth MacFarlane tried to make, before it got the downvote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UcFTDL9V4M
Not being a Whovien (or how ever you spell it), I would have liked to see where the 8th Doctor could have taken us if the TV Movie Pilot went anywhere (besides the books that none of my friends have read).
I would have, as well. I liked him as a Doctor. I have some of his audio adventures. He's seemingly the darkest Doctor, aside from MAYBE the Warrior, but even then, I feel like McGann's Doctor was pretty dark. The dialogue of the War Doctor in his special made him almost sweet, compassionate. The choice he made was the only option he could think of, and he lived and died with that choice, regretting it the entire time.

McGann's Doctor teamed up with Daleks to help destroy a new race of Daleks. Then let them kill each other. I think. Been a while since I listened to Blood of the Daleks. But he definitely doesn't mess around, that's for sure.
I'm sure some of you may remember seeing this back in 2006. Adult swim sometimes reruns this for a filler on the late night part of Adult Swim.

Originally, afterwards, this was supposed to become an animated series on Adult swim. Nothing came out of it. It was assumed that Adult swim was pulling a stunt with Korgoth to get ratings for the channel. But in the end. Adult swim later confirmed that it was ''too expensive'' for them to make it as a show.

Which is a shame because this would have been an awesome show compared to the crap thats on there. The only thing that is worth watching on Adult swim is Superjail.
Speaking of pilots on Adult Swim, I watched this a couple days ago.

I mean, it's terrible, but thought I'd bring it up here.

Good god. Just watching that shows that they were trying WAY too hard to make this 'edgy' and prude. And it shows.
(03-18-2014, 04:16 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Good god. Just watching that shows that they were trying WAY too hard to make this 'edgy' and prude. And it shows.

That's exactly the vibe I got from it. It was like they were trying to be Super Jail and then some.
Honestly, what is with these new shows all trying to be so very controversial?

Mass, its because people in the industry think animation that is aiming for an adult audience should be edgy and disgusting as possible(you can blame Seth Macfarlane for making adult animation a joke in America with Family guy and all of his other crap).