Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Peanuts...
I was gonna put this in the 'at the movies' thread, but this sounds like its more suitable for its own thread. Now. Some of you may have heard about Blue Sky(Ice age and Rio) doing an animated feature based off of the comic strip Peanuts. Needless to say. The announcement over the news over that has been a hit and miss(some people are looking forward to it, while others are bashing it because Blue Sky would 'modernize it' for today's audience).

After a long wait. Here's a trailer. And by the looks of it. They have been listening to the complaints to make it truthful to the original strips that they were based off of(Plus that a couple of Schultz's relatives are on board with the production of it). From the sounds of it, they are reusing the late Bill Melendez's recordings of Snoopy(similar to how 'Get A horse' used dialogue from shorts that had Walt Disney voicing Mickey mouse).

What do you guys think? Think this will be good? As a fan of the peanuts, I'm going to wait and see how this turns out. This could be good. I just hope that the trailer isn't a lie.

That, actually looks amazing. I really hope that's real because it just looks like it could turn out so well if it is.
I just hope that the soundtrack for the film has a jazz soundtrack that is similar to Vince Guaraldi's music.
(03-18-2014, 11:22 AM)CLXcool Wrote: I just hope that the soundtrack for the film has a jazz soundtrack that is similar to Vince Guaraldi's music.

Agreed. It needs to feel like Peanuts as much as possible for the simple reason that at an animation standpoint, even if the characters all look the same, it will feel very different. The right music will create the correct atmosphere to bring old fans in, and the animation will bring in new fans. By all means, that should work perfectly.
I thought you meant actual peanuts.

Anyway, I think this could be successful.
I was actually allergic to peanuts until I turned ten for some reason and it just stopped.

Oh, that peanuts. I'll wait and see.
I hope it stays true to Charles Schultz's work, otherwise it would be a disgrace.

That gives me an idea for the "General Did You Knows" thread.
I played Snoopy in the Charlie Brown musical.
As a lifelong fan of Peanuts, that trailer definitely looks promising but as others have said, I'm just hoping that it is actually indicative of the final movie.
Cautiously optimistic. This seems to be the norm for me with every new version of things I used to like.
Now that my name is Charlie Brown, I feel compelled to watch this.
I feel compelled to watch this as my real honest to goodness nick name is Charlie (birth name Charles) and my last name starts with Bro... Just a few letters off.
I liked the comics as a kid. Had a few Peanuts books. Unfortuantly, every time I see this thread title, this song pops in my head.
But, in any respect, I am excited and hope this goes well.
(03-19-2014, 12:40 PM)tigerlily Wrote: Now that my name is Charlie Brown, I feel compelled to watch this.

Am I missing a joke here?
I feel stupid.
tigerlily's name is Charlie and she got married to Dazz, whose last name is Brown. Hence, Charlie Brown!
Oh!
Wow. Thats really weird. :P