Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Can't delete PM messages
Every time now when I go to delete an old PM message, I keep getting this weird message instead:

"Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again."

I even tried using the Move To button and just send them to the Trash Can but this same message keeps coming up.

Is there some new thing I'm unaware of going on with PM that is causing this? Or something else entirely?
I'm getting the same message. We'll have to wait for Dazz, Rob, or Petie to look into what's wrong.
This certainly sounds strange. I haven't tried to delete any PMs recently so I haven't noticed it. Feel free to send me a couple of test messages and I'll try to figure out what's going on.
(03-25-2014, 09:00 AM)Petie Wrote: This certainly sounds strange. I haven't tried to delete any PMs recently so I haven't noticed it. Feel free to send me a couple of test messages and I'll try to figure out what's going on.

Okay I'll give it a try.

Well I tried it again on my own to just delete a PM message and this new one came up:

"Sorry, but you can only perform one search every 30 seconds. Please wait another 18 seconds before attempting to search again."

Well that happened.
So, I was able to delete that test PM from the mobile theme. Looks like the issue is associated with the main theme for some reason. Send another? I'll try that next.
(03-26-2014, 09:23 AM)Petie Wrote: So, I was able to delete that test PM from the mobile theme. Looks like the issue is associated with the main theme for some reason. Send another? I'll try that next.

Alrighty
So I was able to delete that one from the normal skin as well. This leads me to believe that the issue is one of two things. Either there is some strange permissions issue going on (which I obviously wouldn't be affected by) or it's a cache issue. The first thing I'd recommend for anyone experiencing this issue would be to clear your cache and cookies for this site and try again.

Also, GameWizzard, thank you for your help in sorting this out. The PMs have been amusing and I'm actually a bit disappointed that deleting them worked.
Chipping-in in case it's a permissions thing.
As a mod, I also got "Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again."

I also cleared my cache, but there was no difference.
I think I found the issue in bad communication.

You can delete INDIVIDUAL PMs by clicking on a PM to read it and then hit delete at the bottom of that thread.

However, you CAN NOT check mark PMs in your inbox and then hit delete without getting an error message.
So, it may have worked for Petie because he has been deleting individual PMs and not the check box/delete method.
That's exactly what I was doing. Quick! Everyone send me PMs to delete!
Confirmed broken on the real skin but working on the mobile. I left 3 of the 6 PMs I received to continue testing here but I also put out the same request on the VG Resource to see if the problem is present there as well. I'll update here as I figure out what's going on.

Edit: Interesting... So the bug isn't present on the VG Resource which indicates a setting or code issue or something else that might be messed up here. I'll look into it tomorrow. For now, just delete one at a time.
(03-27-2014, 05:42 PM)Petie Wrote: Confirmed broken on the real skin but working on the mobile. I left 3 of the 6 PMs I received to continue testing here but I also put out the same request on the VG Resource to see if the problem is present there as well. I'll update here as I figure out what's going on.

Edit: Interesting... So the bug isn't present on the VG Resource which indicates a setting or code issue or something else that might be messed up here. I'll look into it tomorrow. For now, just delete one at a time.

Thanks for the help. Glad my PMs were amusing.