Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I need ideas for a game to buy my children
My daughter likes playing GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas. She recently ended up playing Saints Row 3, and although I was somewhat amused (she can break people's necks at 6 years old), I do not want to allow her to continue playing these games. She does know right from wrong and wouldn't harm a fly, but I am having trouble finding an open world game that allows her to drive and such (she loves base jumping). Is there a game that is not violent (or at least less) out there that could compare?
There is a lego game on the wii u that fits that description. There's also Disney infinity which has a sand box mode but I think they actually closed down their servers because of pedophiles. I don't remember if that was news or a joke though.
Spore could be an option though that's not directly what you're asking for.

Have you looked into the scribblenauts game series? Its 2d and puzzle based but its based on an extensive vocabulary spawning system that puts things into the world when you type them out.

When it comes to driving, there are a few good racing games with open world options. Need for speed underground and carbon come to mind if I'm remembering this correctly, though that'd probably be a little intense for a 6 year old.
If you've got an xbox 360, there was a forza game that had open world called Forza Horizon.
My family and I never really had a problem with violence in games, though I can understand the sentiment.
Get her Rayman Legends! It might be a little difficult for a 6-year-old, but you could play it with her!
Driveing is going to do some doing. I can think of a bunch that are open world. Spider-man 2 and 3 and Ultimate Spider-man are open world and fun to play. I would say inFAMOUS, but that's Teen. I'm not sure what the Arkum games are rated but it's batman so theres that.

Your best bet is going to be the Lego City game that Psycho menchend.
Get her the Punch-out game for the Wii. If she enjoys beating up people in video games she'll get a kick out of boxing them in such a funny matter.
Lotsa good ideas. Thanks. She has Lego Batman 2, but it's too hard for her. It's scribblenauts only on the ds? I don't have one. I may let her continue to play SRtT (turned the audio off), I dunno. And she knows that in San Andreas she cannot pickup women or go to "dance" bars. She prefers to run around and wreak havoc anyways.

I may look into the Lego games and Spiderman games.
CLX, we have Punch-Out for the Wii. She got bored with it.
The Spiderman games might also be a good idea. They made a pretty big sandbox out of New York that she can just swing around doing what ever she wants.

What sort of systems do you have? PS2, PS3, Xbox (any of them)?

*Update*:
Just re-read some of the previous ideas and Spiderman was already suggested. Never mind
Scribblenauts is for the DS only. If your daughter has a DS, I could give a few recommendations for you on that one.
Left 4 Dead, she'll enjoy all of the pretty colors.
Show her the Sly cooper games. If she is into the sandbox thing, she'd be interested how Sly cooper is handled to her gaming.
(03-30-2014, 09:02 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: Lotsa good ideas. Thanks. She has Lego Batman 2, but it's too hard for her. It's scribblenauts only on the ds? I don't have one. I may let her continue to play SRtT (turned the audio off), I dunno. And she knows that in San Andreas she cannot pickup women or go to "dance" bars. She prefers to run around and wreak havoc anyways.

I may look into the Lego games and Spiderman games.
CLX, we have Punch-Out for the Wii. She got bored with it.

There are two scribblenauts games on the PC. They are Scribblenauts Unlimited and Scribblenauts Unmasked (which is DC licensed). If you go this route, I would recommend Unlimited as Unmasked focused around the combat aspect of Scribblenauts which is less intuitive then if Runescape was a movie directed by Mojang.
Unlimited is also on the Wii U.
The Arkham games were mentioned, I would advocate you look into those but I have a feeling you would disapprove.

Also, don't get Left 4 Dead.
Ever heard of a town called Silent Hill?

Just kidding, Lego Undercover and Lego Marvel Heroes sound like your games.
Please tell me that you have shown your daughter the legend of zelda series.
I would say Lego Marvel Superheros or if you have PS Plus maybe... Arkham City. I don't think it's that violent and Batman is a pacifist plus it has the open world to explore. Other than that I don't know. I grew up with Mortal Kombat Trilogy being my first ever game. You could also get Simpsons Hit and Run. It's just GTA but with Simpsons humor and not even violent.
She plays Skyward Sword every once in a while. I have played Arkham.... one of them. My brother has it. I may borrow it to see how she does with that. I have a 360 and Wii. I also have a Xbox (where she plays the GTA games) and we play Metal Slug 5 and 6 together if she is in the mood.