Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The next friday the 13th film might be a found footage film
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/friday-t...uckner-toz

I heard about this just now. Ive been a fan of the original Friday the 13th film, i haven't seen the remake in awhile(apart from the fact that I remember groaning with annoyance when I saw Michael Bay's name in the opening credits). So this new Friday film might be a found footage type of movie. What do you guys think? If this is executed right(pun intended) this might be a good movie.
[Image: Do-Not-Want-300x225.jpg]

I do mot like found footage movies. They look like someone was making a vlog and thought "I can make a movie like this." Paranormal Activity, REC, Diary of the Dead, and any other movie that has the main character(s) film what is going on is bound to be crap.
I said it might be a found footage film. We just gotta give this a couple of days until the director announces how he's going to do it.
They are calling it a reboot!!?? Why? The last "reboot" was 5 years ago. Why not just build on that one? I know the last one wasn't that well received but they make crap movies all the time and churn out sequels to them anyway.

I just hope this doesn't become a trend. Movie goes bad and they just reboot/retcon the whole thing like the previous one didn't happen.....which I guess explains the Hulk movie vs The Incredible Hulk which is apart of the MCU.
I read once they were considering Scream 5 to be a found footage film. Scream films have always been a sort of "parody" to horror films of the time. No, I don't mean Scary Movie. Scary Movie is a parody of a parody.

Scream was intended by Wes Craven to be so ridiculous that no one would take slasher movies seriously afterwards. All three of the first scream films focus on touching the fourth wall by noting tropes discussed IN horror movies, to help them survive their situation, with Scream 4 bringing it up as well, and also focusing on more blood and that "no one" is safe because today, in horror, there are no morals, no lessons, just. Death.
Gamewizard, its safe to say they are calling it a reboot since they think its too late to do a sequel to the remake that came out in 2009. I know that they tried to do a sequel to the 09 film sometime after the release of the remake of Nightmare On Elm Street. If this is a found footage film, I'll be damned if someone manages to make it through the nights with a recording camera while witnessing Jason's actions.
I do enjoy me dem found footage films. I loved REC, Paranormal Activity was great and Blair Witch Project is one of the best horror movies I've ever seen. Of course, the sequels to those were less than stellar and in the case of BWP, downright terrible. BUT, I have hope since from what I gathered from your comments (the link doesn't work) this won't follow the craptastic remake.

I was kinda hoping for them to some day make Friday the 13th Part XI but in all honesty, how do you continue from Jason X?

Since I'm a sucker for horror stuff AND Friday the 13th is my favorite slasher film series, I'll be getting this one.