Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
E.T. Atari cartrdiges found in the Desert.
After more then 30 years, the ET Atari games were found in the Desert

They fucking did it.
You'll notice there are more than just E.T. games. They used the place as a dumping ground for unwanted and broken tec. This includes the shovelwere.
E.T does not phone home, at all.

E.T needs to be cremated.
I always figured this was going to evolve into one of those kryptid kind of stories, or whatever they're called. Things like Bigfoot, Chupacabras, loch ness monster, and now ET cartridges.
(04-26-2014, 03:17 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I always figured this was going to evolve into one of those kryptid kind of stories, or whatever they're called. Things like Bigfoot, Chupacabras, loch ness monster, and now ET cartridges.

Now it's Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, and the Tomb Rader Nude code. All things that don't exist.
I can't believe it actually happened. I find it all quite amusing.
Of all the myths out there though, this one was the only one that seemed the most plausible and now confirmed.

Think about it, you are a company who has on your hands the movie-tie in to one of the biggest movie of all time and your own product is one of the worst games of all time. You can't sell it, you can't even give it away and you are losing money from it sitting on the shelves. Stores are losing money for the shelf space taken up. So the only thing you can do, short of just doing a mass burning of them is to literally bury the evidence of their existence.

I don't see why people thought this was a hoax, there was some newspaper evidence to show that there was a mass burial in the desert. The only reason, if I remember, why people didn't fully know is because Atari and whom ever else involved chose not to say anything. Do you really want to admit to having a game so bad you have to bury it in the desert like a Las Vegas mob hit?
They might as well have admitted it. The company went down in flames afterwards anyways. They never really recovered from E.T.
I never thought I'd live to see this myth finally reveal itself. This is incredible.
I was so happy to see this news. Ever since I was kid and I saw something about it on G4 or some other thing on TV, I've just been fascinated with the legend. This is like an actual dream come true, weird as it sounds.
thought this was fake
I like how they dug it up, pretty much confirming it is shovel ware.
(04-27-2014, 07:44 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: I like how they dug it up, pretty much confirming it is shovel ware.

Good God, you're right.

It's literally shovelware.
I'm curious what other Gaming-Crash treasures have yet to be found.

There's the missing Sword Quest treasures that's rumored to be held by Jack Tramiel.

Then there's the entire mystery behind Polybius. No trace of a cabinet or arcade cartridge as of yet. I'm not sure if that falls under gaming-crash material, but man I'd like to see that found.

What else is there?
[Image: EYikE8f.jpg]
Seems as though Howard Scott Warshaw signed one of them.