Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Best of Square Enix
As a hardcore Square and subsequently Square Enix Fanboy I was wondering what is your favourite Squaresoft/Square Enix game ever?

Personal favourite has to be Radiata Stories. They have a long history of graphically beautiful games and I think the hand drawn look is a perfect fit for this style of JRPG.
I guess I'll just throw in the generic Final Fantasy VII answer. The World Ends With You is close second followed by Final Fantasy VI.

Oh wow, my top three is the most generic answer ever.
Cliche answer:
Chrono Trigger. Much better story than any of the FF games.
Next is... Final Fantasy Tactics. Best tactical RPG I have ever played, plus a much more unique story than mainstay FF titles.
And finally, the very first Front Mission (which first played though an emulated translation as it was a Japanese only game, but there is a DS remake that is just as good). Mech+tactical RPG with the largest plot twist I have ever seen in a video game. Other games you can see the end coming. Front Mission seems straight forward until the very end and then throws you curve balls and behind the scenes, backroom deals that will make your jaw drop.

In the end, all of those were technically Square games. Oh well.
I think one of my favorite games from Square would have to be Super Mario RPG. Apart from the music and humorous moments. This sparked my interest into the RPG gaming genre since it was my very first rpg game. Even loved the fact that Square gave link and Samus a cameo in the game.

To think if Square was still with Nintendo, the thought of a Zelda or even a Metrorid game developed from Square would have been an interesting result.
(04-26-2014, 05:33 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: Cliche answer:
Chrono Trigger. Much better story than any of the FF games.
Next is... Final Fantasy Tactics. Best tactical RPG I have ever played, plus a much more unique story than mainstay FF titles.

I don't doubt those games would've been my top picks too if I actually had played Chrono Trigger or finished Tactics Advance. One day I will. One day. Tactics Advance actually was the game that made me a fan of Square games in the first place. If only I had never lost those saves...

You know, I actually would've had a lot tougher time deciding my favorites if this had been a thread about Nippon Ichi games :P
Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono series.
DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!
NieR is my favourite Square-Enix title, Mario RPG is my favourite Square Soft title and Terranigma my favourite Enix title.
Kingdom Hearts II for me since I didn't grew up with Final Fantasy.
Brave Fencer Musashi, because it has Steve Blum doing this:

Chrono Trigger and SMRPG were my first SNES square games. FF9 was my first Final Fantasy, so that one of of the entire series basically implanted itself the most.

I remember playing Chrono Cross like nearly... 10 years or so ago and liking it as well. Had some legit problems, though, like frame rates and way too many playable characters.
For me it would be Chrono Trigger, FF Tactics and one that I'm surprised no one mentioned yet, Xenogears.

(04-28-2014, 03:00 AM)Combat Lobster Wrote: Brave Fencer Musashi, because it has Steve Blum doing this:

It's funny because those two voice actors worked together later on Dot Hack as Kite and Wiseman.