Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Seeing/cancelling pending trivia submissions?
Hmm, this has probably already come up here once or twice, but is there any way to view your pending trivia? I want to check what's still in the works just to make sure I don't submit the same trivia twice. I try to submit trivia for the same game all at once, but then I might come upon more good trivia and then forget what I've already sent in.

Also, is there a way to cancel some of my pending trivia? I submitted an entry a little while ago, but have stumbled upon a better source for it with more detailed information. I would like to cancel the previous entry and then resubmit it with the better info.
I was just thinking the same thing. I don't believe that there is such a feature, however. I have accidentally submitted trivia twice because I wasn't sure if I had already submitted it.
This is something that has come up before and will be added at some point. Unfortunately, I don't currently have an ETA for it but there's definitely value in being able to review what you've submitted so it will happen sooner or later.

Canceling your own pending trivia may or may not be a part of that feature. I haven't quite decided yet, though I'm leaning towards including it.
(05-04-2014, 03:18 PM)Petie Wrote: This is something that has come up before and will be added at some point. Unfortunately, I don't currently have an ETA for it but there's definitely value in being able to review what you've submitted so it will happen sooner or later.

Canceling your own pending trivia may or may not be a part of that feature. I haven't quite decided yet, though I'm leaning towards including it.

Excellent! Yeah, cancelling your own trivia would be a huge boon, in my opinion. Sometimes I submit an entry and wind up finding more/better info for it while doing further trivia research for that game. Or, I wind up accidentally hitting the submit button without completing the entry! So being able to review/cancel/maybe even edit a pending entry would be a great feature. Of course, even a simple review feature without cancel/edit would be quite nice. =)
A preview option would be useful for both users and staff. I've occasionally made formatting mistakes, particularly with links, that I've had to edit the trivia again to fix. And it would be nice if users could view and edit their own pending submissions. There's certainly been some instances where someone submits the same thing twice, and sometimes one of the staff will accept the earlier one, but forgets to copy the information over from the improved one.

Submitters being able to improve their submissions while they're sitting in the queue would certainly make it easier to keep up, rather than having to decide whether to try to fix an entry up or just reject it and tell the submitter to improve it and try again. Being able to give them a link and some feedback on what an entry needs to be acceptable would improve the experience, I think. I don't see any particular harm in users being able to delete their own pending trivia, should they realize it's not suitable or already exists on the site.
Yeah, this would be great. I personally know I just goofed up some harvest moon trivia I submitted and would love to be able to edit (put 2 years instead of 3. D'oh!)