Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Jeremy Clarkson getting the boot?
Daily Mirror can go suck a big one.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/vid...se-3481201

Clarkson's reply and a non-bitchy article: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27266102

Btw. That stuff about the Mexicans... I hear things like that said of Finns on TV and I don't take offense. I find it funny. Can people not take a joke anymore? I mean, sure, national television and all, but still?
My view of the Daily Mail:

I love the poll at the bottom. Well over 80% think that he should stay on, especially when it's something said that was not broadcast, and it is not clear that he said that. I mean, even the supposed expert came out and said that they weren't sure if he used the N word in the unaired clip, it just seems likely.

Pretty sure no one should be fired for maybe saying something in a clip not meant for the public.
Wasn't The Mirror where ol' Piers Morgan used to work? Maybe someone had a vendetta.
Regardless, the mere fact that they had to hire "audio analysts" and that this was never aired pretty well shows that someone was really pushing this.

Honestly, Clarkson would be successful in just about any venture he felt like doing and the BBC can pretend their white knighting matters while he runs something with the fame of MOST WATCHED TELEVISION SHOW IN THE WORLD.
If it didn't get broadcasted then he shouldn't be in hot water. But the cliff of insanity sums up the site pretty well.
Clarkson not only apologized, yet let that sink in, but he said how much he hated that word. Also, it has a slightly different meaning in the history of England than it does here, and I think his apology is more than enough to let the whole thing be excused. Also, really the BBC would be taking a major hit in the fiances and popularity of their TV channel, website and other forms of media they've tapped into by getting rid of him. I'm personally not a fan of Clarkson myself due to his superiority complex when it comes to Americans, but him being on Top Gear has a point and they simply can't replace him.
On the topic of being offended: It's hard to be offended by what a massive wanker says. No-one should take offense to what Clarkson says because that's just petty. He says stupid stuff all the time so I don't see why anyone should be offended by this.

On the topic of 'should he be fired': No. Saying a word (regardless of context) is near nonpunishable. The worst that ever happens in these situations is the person gets fired but it doesn't stop the butthurt and people pretend like it didn't happen (see Sterling).

[Image: tumblr_mxh4i2zyUn1qdsm1jo1_500.gif]