Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
That one line!!
We've all probably had that moment when you're stuck in an area in a game for whatever reason, and a line gets stuck in your head.

For me, I remember in one of the cities in Dragon Age Origins, there was a vendor, friend of yours if you were a dwarf royal, who says "Dwarven Crafts, fine Dwarven Crafts, straight from Orzammar,". I don't know why that in particular in stuck in my head, but it is.

How about you?
PATROLLING THE MOJAVE ALMOST MAKES YOU WISH FOR A NUCLEAR WINTER.
Pretty much everything the guards say in Skyrim.
"Yes, a keyblade. But unlike yours, mine holds the power to unlock peoples' hearts. Allow me to demonstrate... behold!" I was stuck on the Maleficent battle and it wouldn't skip the cutscene before the battle so I remember this line because I had to watch it more than 15 times...
First, the bad line that never leaves...

And, from the first Paper Mario:
"I just fixed that gate. Nobody say "gate" to me."
Also, I know that Twink supposedly quotes Peach early on in game but gets the quote off by one word, but I can't remember all the details.
Another one would be
"Get on the Hydra's back!"
(05-17-2014, 05:46 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: "Yes, a keyblade. But unlike yours, mine holds the power to unlock peoples' hearts. Allow me to demonstrate... behold!" I was stuck on the Maleficent battle and it wouldn't skip the cutscene before the battle so I remember this line because I had to watch it more than 15 times...

That one along with This:

Sora: Clayton?

Tarzan: Not Clayton! *&&X%! Not Clayton!

I had the hardest time with Clayton when I was younger, back before I knew what grinding was.
"Hey! Listen!"
"HOT STUFF COMING YOUR WAY! ~ Shining Force Neo

"Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!" ~ All Metal Gear Solid Games

Every line Slippy says in Star Fox 64!!! God I hate that frog bastard.
Huh. Maybe it's because my memory is garbage, but the lines that stick with me are because I replayed a game a lot, they were funny, or the characters repeated lines way too often. I think it's probably because when I get stuck in most games it just restarts the fight and thankfully lets me skip any talking.

In Mad World there's a level where you fight a boss that uses tornadoes. I guess I didn't beat him fast enough because I kept on hearing this:

Announcer 1: "Auntie Em! Auntie Em! It's a twister!"
Announcer 2: "Dude, you are SO gay."

Then of course there's the infamous Eggman fight: "Get a load of-get a load of-get a load of this!"

A lot of Falco's lines from Star Fox stick with me as well since he was such a jerk. "Gee, I've been saved by Fox! How swell!". Stupid prick.
one line from Madworld that always gets me(in terms of making me laugh) is when one of the announcers shoots the other announcer and responds "what do you expect fucktard, think I was gonna shoot myself?"
...Dammit, now I really want to play Madworld, but it's way too late. So many of those announcer lines are gold and I'd like to hear them again.
^^ I wish more that Mad World was ported to other systems so I could play it. Not enough Wii games for me to consider buying the system for a single game.

This isn't lines that happen when failing in a game or something, but any thing said by Tiny Tina in Borderlands 2 is awesome and hilarious!

If we are also on the subject of annoying lines, a top contender would be in Spyro 2 during the gear collecting challenge in Breeze Harbor. If you hit something or fall off the track in the trolley (which can happen rather frequently), this one Breezebuilder will always remark with "trouble with the trolley, eh?" when Spyro returns. I have lost that challenge an exponential amount of times as a child, so that line is forever ingrained in my mind.

[Image: Breezebuilder.jpg]

Oh, you infernal bastard.
"I'm gonna take you on a ride... (repeats infinitely)"

The damned MvC2 character select song, still embedded in my mind even after 13 years.