Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
VG Facts - The RPG - Logistics
Hey all !

Some of you from DYKG will remember that nearly 2 years ago, we played this RPG with some forum members where folk would have a character with stats and all, and they would follow an adventure. (Similar to D&D, but I had worked out everything from scratch given that I had never actually played D&D)

Well I'm so very up for doing that here !

Here's how it would work

Up to five members of the forums will each have a character.
They can create and personalise their character however they see fit (old man with seven legs, person covered in bandages, 9-foot lady with a mohawk, etc...).
They will then choose their stats (see below for how that'll work) and we'll get under way !

I'll be writing the story out as it unfolds. At the end of each episode, there will be choices for the adventurers to make (story-choices or battle-choices). You can do whatever the bloody hell you want within reason. In the last RPG, the adventurers were on an airship and one user decided to crash it on purpose. So you see, I'll go with whatever you say.

Sometimes, I'll PM an adventurer with a secret question that I don't want others to see. Last time, one or two adventurers started sabotaging the others which was great fun. EDIT - Hell I remember we even had a secret forum member controlling a shady character. Also EDIT those in the waiting list will be able to take part as NPCs and battles !

So sign up if you want to play !
I'll take five adventurers for now, given that any more would be too much to calculate and whatnot for the time being.

STATS

PLAYERS
Players so far

Story controller
- SERIOUSLY THOUGH

Players
- TheTrueBoss997 - "Slade Wilson/30/Male"
- CosmykTheDolphyn - "Him?/???/Male?"
- GameMaster1991 - "Zed Williams/22/Male"
- PsychoSpaceCow "Reed (Just Reed, okay!)/18/Male"
- ssbawesome "John Adessi/Male/24"

Waiting List (in case a character dies). These members will make decisions for some NPCs and battles.
- DearBoarDude - "Kyle Schwartz/51/Male"
-
-
-

Just fill in the info below and I'll add you to the adventurer list !
Name (of character) - Slade Wilson
Gender - Male
Age - 30
Personality - Serious
Fun fact(s) -

Appearance
- Hair (or lack thereof) - Black, Medium length
- Eyes - Blue
- Facial features - Has a goatee
- Height - 6'4"
- Weight -225lbs
- Right Hand
- 1-4 particular physical attributes - Pretty strong and Great agility

For my stats I choose Option 2
(05-18-2014, 03:01 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: For my stats I choose Option 2

Ok !

Your stats

You can
1 - Accept (and do the bonus/malus)
or
2 - Re-roll once more
I accept the stats and what do you mean bonus/malus?
(05-18-2014, 03:12 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: I accept the stats and what do you mean bonus/malus?

From my first post (you may have missed the spoiler-tags)

So say you want to increase Strength by +4, you'd have to take -2 from another stat.
Strength – 9
Accuracy – 8
Endurance – 3
Agility – 3(+4)
Luck – 3(-2)
Intelligence – 10(-2)
Stealth – 7 (+4)

So like that? If I did it correctly I would like to apply the bonus/malus to the stats I chosen.
(05-18-2014, 03:22 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: So like that? If I did it correctly I would like to apply the bonus/malus to the stats I chosen.

Perfect ! And you're up :)
Name: John Adessi
Personality: Reasonable, but can be psychotic
Fun Facts- Likes to wear black fingerless gloves

Appearance
- Hair (or lack thereof) - Dark Brown, shaggy, between shoulder height and eye height
- Eyes - Blue
- Facial features - Bushy eyebrows
- Height - 5'11"
- Weight - 136
- Right or Left handed (those with over 10 on accuracy will be automatically ambidextrous) - Right
- 1-4 particular physical attributes - Very Fast, High Jumper, Albeit Skinny Quite Powerful,.
(05-18-2014, 03:54 PM)ssbawesome Wrote: Name: John Adessi
Personality: Reasonable, but can be psychotic
Fun Facts- Likes to wear black fingerless gloves

Appearance
- Hair (or lack thereof) - Dark Brown, shaggy, between shoulder height and eye height
- Eyes - Blue
- Facial features - Bushy eyebrows
- Height - 5'11"
- Weight - 136
- Right or Left handed (those with over 10 on accuracy will be automatically ambidextrous) - Right
- 1-4 particular physical attributes - Very Fast, High Jumper, Albeit Skinny Quite Powerful,.

Noted !
Which stats options do you want ?
I'll take door number 2.
Gender Male???
Age Unknown
Personality Rarely speaks, sometimes in an unknown tongue. Only does whatever is absolutely needed then hides away from everyone else.
Fun fact(s) Refuses any weapon except Bow and arrow. Has no known name or history and refuses to offer any.

Appearance
- Hair (or lack thereof) - Bald
- Eyes - Burning yellow
- Facial features - Long nose, long grey beard, no teeth. High ridges, extremely thin and malnourished, looks ready to die
- Height - 4"10
- Weight - 60 lbs
- Right or Left handed (those with over 10 on accuracy will be automatically ambidextrous) Left
-Physical Attributes: Extremely thin and malnourished looking, yet will, at times, move un-humanly fast. Wears only tattered green shorts. Seems to sense what occurs behind him, as if he has an extra set of eyes on the back of his head, although his luck is poor overall.
Stats:
Strength – 3
Accuracy – 10
Endurance –8
Agility – 10
Luck – 4
Intelligence – 5
Stealth – 8
(05-18-2014, 04:01 PM)ssbawesome Wrote: I'll take door number 2.

Here are your stats -
1 - Bonus/Malus
or
2 - Re-roll once more

(05-18-2014, 04:01 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: Gender Male???
Age Unknown
Personality Rarely speaks, sometimes in an unknown tongue. Only does whatever is absolutely needed then hides away from everyone else.
Fun fact(s) He may actually be a dead guy being controlled by a powerful parasite. Refuses any weapon except Bow and arrow. Has no known name or history and refuses to offer any.

Appearance
- Hair (or lack thereof) - Bald
- Eyes - Burning yellow
- Facial features - Long nose, long grey beard, no teeth. High ridges, extremely thin and malnourished, looks ready to die
- Height - 4"10
- Weight - 60 lbs
- Right or Left handed (those with over 10 on accuracy will be automatically ambidextrous) Left
-
Stats:
Strength – 3
Accuracy – 10
Endurance –8
Agility – 10
Luck – 4
Intelligence – 5
Stealth – 8

Ha, I like it !

Is this the bonus/malus you applied ?

Strength – 3 (6 - 3)
Accuracy – 10 (6 + 4)
Endurance – 8 (6 + 2)
Agility – 10 (6 + 4)
Luck – 4 (6 - 2)
Intelligence – 5 (6 - 1)
Stealth – 8 (6 + 2)

+4 = Accuracy [therefore] -2 Strength
+4 = Agility [therefore] -2 Luck
+2 = Endurance [therefore] -1 Strength
+2 = Stealth [therefore] -1 Intelligence
That is exactly the bonus/malus I applied to "Him".
(05-18-2014, 04:16 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: That is exactly the bonus/malus I applied to "Him".

Nice -- also, if you have any secret attributes or anything that you want to keep secret, PM me and I'll make a note of it :)
Am I doing this right?
Edit: fixed