Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Do you love Shovel Knight
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
60.00%
3 60.00%
No
40.00%
2 40.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

I love Shovel Knight 3DS/WiiU/PC
[Image: a12bd8198a3e94c2a52a8a9a22aefacc_large.gif?1362535086]

[Image: 1955a43dd7694c293dbd54fc966dea33_large.gif?1363326539]

[Image: 17de148a9f79448fe4f7f0d2aadd7d9c_large.gif?1363140056]

[Image: 3a6036dcb38dbc3b5309013416c9bcc1_large.png?1363162897]

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yach...vel-knight

Swear I'm not a spammer, this is just my new favorite thing on any board I go to and I really don't want it to fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy8iGGPc7zc
So it's like Duck Tales, but with digging and moving boulders?
Meh, looks like it could be pretty fun, but solely based on this I'm not too hopeful.
It's got kind of a Mega Man, Ghosts N Goblins, Zelda II thing going on with it, too. The downward thrust is definitely reminiscent of Ducktales, though. I dug that.

Totally unintentional, lame pun ftw

It's by ex-Way Forward guys who worked on stuff like Mitghy Switch Force, Contra 4, Shantae, Bloodrayne, Double Dragon Neon etc and the music so far is that Virt guy who I know from Retro City Rampage's soundtrack.

This is their way of splintering off to become their own studio the way Treasure guys splintered off from Konami after making stuff like Castlevania IV & Contra III to make Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Heady & Alien Soldier.

They also announced that they will have day one 3DS & WiiU support if the kickstarter goal is met:

[Image: image-227419-full.jpg?1363667714]
These are the new stretch goals for if they meet their goal:

[Image: stretchGoals.gif]

They've had a great jump in pledges since announcing 3DS & WiiU support at launch, and after a good showing at PAX East, but there's $8,000-ish to go and 15 days left.

People should be more excited about Shovel Knight than the Ducktales Remake imo.
I'm not sure,last time i did support a kickstarter thing was for a Chucky game and it never went passed and i don't want to be disappointed again.
This is rather interesting.

Might check it out later.
I'd donate if I wasn't so poor. Also, what is gender swap mode. . .
No worries. I can usually never donate either. This is my first one.

I'm just getting word out there. The more people who know about it, the more people tweeting about it etc i know gamegrumps and DYK fans appreciate retro stuff, and I love it 'cause obviously I love 2D games. I get really excited about indie games and underdogs.

Gender switch is probably you playing as a princess that rescues a knight, maybe? For great equality.

Or it could be that Shovel Knight is of indeterminate gender, since they're clad from head to toe in armor... and it'll be a surprise like Samus Aran in the original Metroid. Who knows?

I hope they bring the game to Vita. I'll get it on PC from pledging, but I don't own a 3DS or WiiU... they said they want to port it to all kinds of stuff, though.
[Image: celebrate_jumping.png]

They met their goal, so it's funded, with 14 days left. Now it's just a cool game to look forward to.