Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Google to purchase Twitch
http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/you...201185204/

I got a feeling Twitch is gonna get a Red and White color scheme curse soon.
Googles taking over.
No no no no NO NO NO NO!!!

Why do those crap bags have to ruin everything good? Twitch was the only prominent hosting site NOT tampered by the spawn of the Devil that is google. Forced google+ inbound for Twitch users.

I could fill the rest of this post with cursing and various colourful statements on google as a whole but I'll save you all from that.

Okay, we'll ask you again later.
Fuck this! PJSalt SwiftRage
Youtube can't leave video game related things alone. They gotta have them all.
Allright, I've calmed down a bit. A bit. Grumble grumble...

Anyway, seriously speaking. I'm almost 100% sure we're going to be seeing a few of these "features" shortly:
  • YT's flagging system. The broken, broken, god-awful flagging system.
  • Content ID. Thousands of channels will be shut down without a warning. They deserve it.
  • Unified channel. No more of that bullcrap of making your channel look different, everyone will have the exact same red and white layout. google wouldn't want any of that pesky individualism on one of their sites. Unless it's...
  • google+ is going to be mandatory for EVERYONE. Wanna follow someone? google plus. Wanna chat? google plus. What about streaming then, you ask?
  • Streaming will be available for partners only. It's that way on YouTube, right? We wouldn't want to compete with ourselves, of course.
  • Obscure main page layout, where google will tell you what to like. Top 20 stream highlights will consist of Pewdiepie.
  • An hourly notification for you to use your real name on Twitch. Sorry, but you have to log in again to chat. You sure you don't want to use your real name? Are you absolutely, positively sure? Let me just ask this 15 more times and remind you about this again from tomorrow into forever.
  • Support for browser apps will be a goner. Why would you tinker with our beeeeeautiful layout?

(05-19-2014, 09:25 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Youtube can't leave video game related things alone. They gotta have them all.

They want their part of that sweet, sweet e-sport money.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Meh. I find watching people playing through games the most boring shit ever, so I'm not bugged about this.
ALL HAIL GOOGLE, OUR SUPREME OVERLORDS!!!