Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Halp! Fun GBA Games?
I'm starting to collect more GBA games and I need some opinions. I know about most "Main Stream" games that are clearly hits, I'm talking about things you found personally fun and why, I'll play anything as long as it isn't sports or puzzle related (no offense of course, just not my style.)

Here's a list of things I already own:

Altered Beast: Guardian of the Realms
Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django
DemiKids: Dark Version
DemiKids: Light Version
Digimon Battle Spirit
Digimon Battle Spirit 2
Disney's Magical Quest Starring Mickey & Minnie
Dokapon: Monster Hunter
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
F-Zero Maximum Velocity
Godzilla Domination
Hamtaro: Ham Ham Heartbreak
Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament
Lufia: The Ruins of Lore
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Pokemon Emerald Version
Pokemon FireRed Version
Pokemon Ruby Version
Pokemon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
Riviera: The Promised Land
Robopon 2: Ring Version
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 3
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
WarioWare: Twisted
Wario Land 4
Yoshi Island: Super Mario Advance 3

Thanks in advance!
Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku II and Buu's Fury. Of course there's also the first Legacy of Goku but I wouldn't suggest that other than for collectible purposes. A couple of the best DBZ games for sure and really fun beat-em-up RPGs at that.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is a great tactical RPG. It was the one that got me into RPGs and especially SRPGs.

If you don't mind ports, Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls (includes both FF I & II), Final Fantasy VI and Yoshi's Island are a couple really good ones. Dawn of Souls is more than a port though, it's a full remake of the two.
Breathe of Fire
Golden Sun
Zelda: A Link to the Past/Four Swords
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
The NES collection
Mother 3
Advance Wars
Drill Dozer
Phoenix Wright(Japanese only)
Metroid Zero Mission
Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku
Dragon Ball: Advance Adventure
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Fire Emblem
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Sonic Battle
(05-31-2014, 07:14 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Oh yes and the Castlevania games are great on the system, too. I would seriously suggest getting these two, as you can get them as a double pack. Two for the price of one!
Battle Ogre: Tactics Advance is a great strategy game, too. If you like FFT Advanced, then you'll like Tactics Ogre. It's harder, no doubt, as your characters actually die, but you can buy troops and it focuses more on real fantasy with creatures like mermaids, cerberus, and giants.
My recommendations

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
Wario Ware Microgames
Disney's Magical Quest 2: Starring Mickey & Minnie
Disney's Magical Quest 3: Starring Mickey & Donald
Banjo Pilot
Banjo-kazooie: Gruntilda's revenge
Crash Purple.
Shining Soul 2
Tekken Advance
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
I know it's already been said once, but Tactics Ogre Advance. It's one of the best strategy games ever made.
This is a fun little gem not many know about: Sigma Star Saga. It combines RPG elements to your normal shoot 'em up with an interesting story and multiple endings. There's traditional on ground missions, random encounters where you go into shooter mode and even some Action RPG stuff. One of the most unique titles on ANY system, period. And it is a blast to play. However, as a warning, it's extremely hard to play. You kinda have to like both shooters and RPGs to get into it since it is a hybrid of the two.
Ninja Five-O is a great little action game that plays a lot like the classic Bionic Commando games. It also adds play elements from other famed ninja games such as the Shinobi series. It's very well designed and just feels awesome. Plus, NINJAS!
Oh here's one that should be mentioned. Metal Slug Advance.
Kuru Kuru Kururin

Fucking trust me on this one. It's a good game. Music is god tier, the puzzles are interesting, game is bright and colourful. Overall a 10/10 game.

Oh, and if you like Yugioh. Worldwide Edition is the best version on the Gameboy.
(06-01-2014, 01:37 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Kuru Kuru Kururin

Fucking trust me on this one. It's a good game. Music is god tier, the puzzles are interesting, game is bright and colourful. Overall a 10/10 game.

Oh, and if you like Yugioh. Worldwide Edition is the best version on the Gameboy.

but 2006 is the most fulfilled card list on GBA and Duel Academy had the best story (all my opinion)
(05-31-2014, 08:49 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I know it's already been said once, but Tactics Ogre Advance. It's one of the best strategy games ever made.
This is a fun little gem not many know about: Sigma Star Saga. It combines RPG elements to your normal shoot 'em up with an interesting story and multiple endings. There's traditional on ground missions, random encounters where you go into shooter mode and even some Action RPG stuff. One of the most unique titles on ANY system, period. And it is a blast to play. However, as a warning, it's extremely hard to play. You kinda have to like both shooters and RPGs to get into it since it is a hybrid of the two.
Ninja Five-O is a great little action game that plays a lot like the classic Bionic Commando games. It also adds play elements from other famed ninja games such as the Shinobi series. It's very well designed and just feels awesome. Plus, NINJAS!

I'm interested in Ninja Five-O but its probably only because it's the rarest GBA game out there lol does it look fun though! I'm actually not huge on FF series overall but I do think i'd enjoy tatics merely because of my love for SRPGS. I'll check Sigma Star Saga out!

(06-01-2014, 01:37 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Kuru Kuru Kururin

Deal. I want it. I love obscure games too much. Didn't know this was in English. I'm not huge on Yugi but it looks like a fun series.

(05-31-2014, 07:35 PM)CLXcool Wrote: My recommendations

Wario Ware Microgames
Banjo Pilot
Crash Purple.

I've ironically use to have Spyro Orange, so its funny you suggest the other one haha.
I've wanted the Magical Quests for a little while now, def on my list of things. I dont know how i feel about the Banjo game being overview like that, I could never get into Spyro Season of flame/ice because of that sort of gameplay view, idk.

Oh and Metal Slug is always fun.
(06-01-2014, 02:43 PM)Frazzle Wrote:
(05-31-2014, 07:35 PM)CLXcool Wrote: My recommendations

Wario Ware Microgames
Banjo Pilot
Crash Purple.

I've ironically use to have Spyro Orange, so its funny you suggest the other one haha.
I've wanted the Magical Quests for a little while now, def on my list of things. I dont know how i feel about the Banjo game being overview like that, I could never get into Spyro Season of flame/ice because of that sort of gameplay view, idk.

Oh and Metal Slug is always fun.

Trust me, Crash Purple (though it's the same Mini-Game type game) is much better than Spyro Orange.
Coming from someone who hates isometric platformers games, Grunty's Revenge is preaty fun.
Anything Pokemon. That simple. GBA is essentially a Pokemon gaming device xD
(06-01-2014, 08:14 PM)Jamey Burky Wrote: Anything Pokemon. That simple. GBA is essentially a Pokemon gaming device xD

I already have everything Pokemon, haha always a good tip though.