Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Unpopular Videogame Opinions
Simple enough. Share with us some of your unpopular gaming opinions. Keeping this thread hate free would be appreciated.

I'll start by sharing some of mine! And boy, do I have many.

I like Duke Nukem Forever and think it's really a good game.

I don't mind the young Dante and just can't understand the ridiculous hate he gets.

Resident Evil Gaiden and Operation Raccoon City are fun games and worthy additions to the series.

I don't mind the direction the Resident Evil series has been going the past years.

The only good thing about Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles is the secret minigame.

I prefer Crash Team Racing over Mario Kart.

The bad boxart Megaman in Street Fighter x Tekken was a hilarious addition. I also happen to like the game.
I hate First person shooters. I just do.

I think Super Mario Sunshine is the best Mario game of all time.
Resident Evil: Raccoon City is the best in the series.
Duke Nukem Forever has its moments. It doesn't deserve the hate that it gets on the web.

Maui Mallard would have been the perfect spin-off series in video game form for Donald Duck(I dont know why Disney insisted on removing all references towards Donald during the development of the game) its a fun interesting game from Disney.

As much as I love Crash Team Racing and Mario Kart. My mind is more focused on Diddy Kong Racing and Freaky Flyers. Flyers is a fun cartoony like racing game.

Snow Brothers is a fun game to play with two people. Its more of a challenge with single player though. Not that isn't a bad thing mind you. I'm always up for a challenge.

Super Mario Sunshine is fun. Its a nice way of Nintendo reminding everyone(in not a forced manner) to not pollute and think of the environment.

The later games from Rare(Ghoulies, Kameo). At least they managed to put some effort in them. Kameo remains a favorite since its one of Rare's first attempts of doing a straight up fantasy.
(06-01-2014, 08:08 AM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: Resident Evil: Raccoon City is the best in the series.

I just have to check but... Are you serious? Or sarcastic? Not that I would mind, everyone has their right to like something more than the others :P If you are serious, do oyu mind telling why? I'd be interested to hear, being a huge fan of the series and all.
(06-01-2014, 08:14 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(06-01-2014, 08:08 AM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: Resident Evil: Raccoon City is the best in the series.

I just have to check but... Are you serious? Or sarcastic? Not that I would mind, everyone has their right to like something more than the others :P

Yup serious, Your not the first to think I was joking every time I tell somebody that, They think im joking or being sarcastic. But I like 3rd person military shooters like army of two. And Raccoon city is like army of two + zombies so it produces an awesome game. Anyways im pretty sure its the only Resident evil I beat on the highest difficulty.
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes was worth $30 and had way more to it than just 2 hours.

Playstation All Stars was way better than Smash Bros and had more organized fighting mechanics. (Hope there is a sequel eventually)

I thought Raiden was not a bad character in Metal Gear Solid 2.

I think Saints Row 3rd was a bad game and disliked everything about it.

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City was a great game to play and thought the story and gameplay was handled very well.

Assassin's Creed 1 was very fun all the way to the end.

Nero in Devil May Cry 4 is one of the best characters made and was not a bad character at all. Plus he is freaking Vergil's son so how can he get hated.
I still like COD. Maybe it's repetitive, but it's still fun.
Playstation All-Stars Batle Royale is better then smash bros. (in my opinion.)

Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom was the best game I have ever played for the PS2.

Dead Space 2 is the best overall game I have ever played. (Going on the 8th playthrough :D)
(06-01-2014, 08:59 AM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: I think Saints Row 3rd was a bad game and disliked everything about it.

This is general knowledge. Saints Row the Third is the worst game in the series.
(06-01-2014, 10:22 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(06-01-2014, 08:59 AM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: I think Saints Row 3rd was a bad game and disliked everything about it.

This is general knowledge. Saints Row the Third is the worst game in the series.
That isn't Saints Row 4.
(06-01-2014, 10:22 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:

I actually know a lot of people who love this game. That is why I assumed everyone enjoyed it.
I think The Elder Scrolls series has degenerated over time due to the creators focusing more on console play.

I also got bored of Skyrim before I beat it, so I never beat it.

Large rosters of characters are better than balanced ones in fighting games.

Yu-Gi-Oh! game stories are usually pretty good.

Final Fantasy 10-2 is my second favorite Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy 9 is my favorite Final Fantasy.

Dragon Quest > anything with Lightning (the character)

RPG games could use a little more ps1 in them.

I really liked Far Cry 3, even if it was an unfinished product.

Chrono Cross was an amazing and beautiful game and its a shame that so many people have to compare it to Trigger.

Edit : I think Saints Row 3 was the best in the series.
Squall/Leon is a much better charicter than Cloud in a lot of ways.

Squall is a dumb name. I like Leon better.

The first Super Mario Bros is a bad game. It does not hold up to the newer games.

Mario 64 is boring. All of the 3d games have done everything better.

Mario Kart is a dumb idea and I have no idea how it got so many sequils.

Shadow the Hedgehog is not that bad. I prefer it over some of the later sonic games.

The 4Kids cast for Sonic is not all bad. I prefer them over the original cast (except Cream).

Sonic's friends are one of the best parts of the games. I want to see more of them and of the older ones from the clasic days (except Cream).

I don't get the appeal of Spyro.
(06-01-2014, 08:20 AM)PixelXenoKing Wrote:
(06-01-2014, 08:14 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

I just have to check but... Are you serious? Or sarcastic? Not that I would mind, everyone has their right to like something more than the others :P

Yup serious, Your not the first to think I was joking every time I tell somebody that, They think im joking or being sarcastic. But I like 3rd person military shooters like army of two. And Raccoon city is like army of two + zombies so it produces an awesome game. Anyways im pretty sure its the only Resident evil I beat on the highest difficulty.

Allright then, that's pretty cool. I really like the spinoffs this series has produced over the years myself. Sepaking of Army of Two, I just wish they had added local multiplayer to ORC and I still have no idea why they didn't have that in a game that focuses on multiplayer. It would have given it just so much more replay value.

Still hoping for a sequel to it, too, which I guess is another unpopular opinion.