Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Unpopular games/games that didn't age well that you like
This one is pretty straight forward. There are bound to be games that were either never that popular or didn't stand the test of time that you still enjoy. For me, several of those games are PS2 RPG's that got overshadowed by games like FF10 and Kingdom Hearts. Dark Cloud 1 and 2 along with the 7 dot hack games that were released on the system come to mind. I'm sure given some time I'll think of others. While I'm on that, share some of the games you like that most people don't.
Final Fantasy
Duke Nukem Forever
State of Emergency
Resident Evil Survivor
Resident Evil Gaiden
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
All the last gen Resident Evil and Silent Hill games. All of them. Even Operation Raccoon City.
Street Fighter X Tekken

That's all I can think of now. Me being really into game spinoffs I end up liking a lot of weird and unpopular games.

I'm also propably the only person ever who wants an HD remake of Street Fighter EX.
It just came out but I can see Watch_Dogs on this list in a few months.

Eternal Ring
Kingdom Hearts Re : Chain of Memories
S.O.C.O.M. 2 and any other primarily online game without servers.
Sims 1 and 2. Might as well have called them The Dims.
Earthworm Jim 3D (N64). Now, I'll just get it out of the way and say every boss fight is TERRIBLE. But I love myself a quirky platformer, and this game is that. Plus, what other games out there are rated E that you slice cow's heads off with a flying butcher boomerang knife, complete with blood?
Yea, I don't understand how that or the game's mild cursing got through the review process either.
Thanks, now i can speak about NieR for the 974th time^^

This game is unpopular but it's the best game i've ever played on the last gen of consoles.
It doesn't look very good for a 2010 title but the story and the ost is totally great.
The replay value with the new game+ (restart with all your items/level at the middle of the game) is extremelly good.

You must beat the game a second time with this ng+ to complete the story.

Un chef d'œuvre.
This is probbly going to give a way what I think about these games before I review a few of them but what the hell:

Assassin's Creed III
BloodRayne 1 & 2
Crash Twinsanity
Crash Bandicoot Purple & Spyro Orange
Dark Cloud
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2
Dragon Ball Z: Sagas
Duke Nukem Forever
Final Fantasy I & II
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Kameo: Elements of Power
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (Original and RE:)
The Legend of Zelda
Lego Island 2
Marc Eckō's Getting Up
Mega Man 4, 5, & 6
Mega Man X7
Okage: Shadow King
Orphen: Scion Of Sorcery
Prince of Persia 1989
Prince of Persia 2008
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Shadow The Hedgehog
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Speed Racer: The Videogame
Star Fox Adventures
Super Mario RPG (compared to the other Mario RPGs)
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
Legend of the Dragoon for PS1. This wasn't unpopular as far as I know but it hasn't aged well at all.
Character models out of battle ar blocky and incredibly dated. During battles the models are slightly better.

To its credit though the turn-based combat was great. You had to time the flashing squares for the character's attack to gain more damage than if they just straight attacked. Some bosses even countered you if you didn't combo right.

The CGI cutscenes though when they have them and are voiced are gorgeous. They are up there with FF8 and 9 as far as comparing them to PS1 games or even some PS2 games.
Crash Twinsanity
Wrath of Cortex
Grabbed By the ghoulis
Blinx
Ducktales II
Super Mario RPG
Duke Nukem Forever
Doom III
(06-05-2014, 05:05 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Doom III

Isn't that one quite popular though?
(06-06-2014, 07:46 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

Not from what I heard. I heard that most fans hate this one becuse it does everything wrong.
(06-06-2014, 11:00 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:

Not from what I heard. I heard that most fans hate this one becuse it does everything wrong.

Huh. I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about it, at least here.
(06-06-2014, 11:18 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(06-06-2014, 11:00 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:

Huh. I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about it, at least here.

It has something to do with the game being too dark, too predictable and too gimmicky. I can say one way or the other since I've never played it.
Doom 3:RoE is far better, the feeling is more like Doom 1&2.
I think the reason why Doom III has a bit of a love and hate thing from the fans of Doom is because its too dark. It takes the fighting in hell concept to the extreme in some cases. Then again, isn't that the point of the series?
I remember that I couldn't complete Doom 3 because that infestation stuff taking over the buildings made this sounds that physically made me ill. I'm not even joking about that.