Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Awesome Minor Character
This one's pretty simple. What is a minor character you really like?

By minor, I am referring to any individual character who is not significant to the events of a game outside of their quest, and/or a creature/character who remains unlabeled throughout (like a generic unit in a strategy game).

I'm gonna kick this off with a generic unit in a strategy game. (go figure)

The marauder is a generic terran unit in Starcraft 2 with the mannerisms of Cyborg from Teen Titans and a suit that launches explosives.

If its for lines or something, a video would be nice.
I need to look through my games this is a hard one for me off the top of my head. As for now, here's the one I remember:

I guess for me right now it would be Tiny Tina from Borderlands 2. Funniest 13 yr old who likes to blow shit up I've ever seen in a video game.

HUNK, the masked mercenary of the Resident Evil series. The best character never seen outside of a minigame. Well, apart from Operation Raccoon City, but that was just a cameo anyway.

Josph Frost. Yes, the guy you see at the beginning of Resident Evil for like 15 seconds before he dies. I don't know why but I really like his character, which I am not completely basing on that opening sequence. There is lots of source material too.

Odie from Soul Nomad & the World Eaters. Despite him being a complete liar and a fraud he's really a total badass when need be. Kyle Hebert does a great job voicing him in the English version.

Prinnies from the Disgaea series. These bumbling, homicidal, exploding stuffed penguins are some of the best things in this already great series.

Nina Loco, the crazy smuggler of the Vigilante 8 series. Her car, El Guerrero, and her specialty, the Lemming Missiles, are what make me play as her almost every time I play the game. One could argue that since every character has their own story she's not really a "minor" character but she really never had much to do with 2nd Offense's plot apart from being a smuggler of weapons.

Luis Sera and the Merchant are couple of the best things to come out of Resident Evil 4. Sadly they are never appearing in another game, though.

I really do like a lot of minor characters so I can't just pick one.
Jordi Chin from Watch Dogs. There should make a DLC campaign where you can play as Jordi. He's wayyy more interesting than Aiden.
I love Pico in F-Zero. Most bad guys in it are in it for cash or glory. Pico is just insane and wants to kill everyone so that he's the winner. That's all. And if he wins, he'll take the cash from his winnings to he can set up his own F-Zero racing series called the Pico Cup that will be more violent. I mean, this guy is awesome...

Super Paper Mario: Francis Never seen such a sterotypical geek in gaming history... And i kinda found the character funny.
Gregg from Bad Fur day(Honestly, how often do you find death in a video game with a british accent? He's a riot).

Vivi from KHII. I know that he was from one of the final fantasy games, but I like how he just stands out from the rest of the crowd in Twilight Town.

Polterpup from Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. A ghost puppy that wanted to have fun with luigi. Isn't he adorable?
I can't really think of anyone who can be counted as "Awesome," but I can tell you a few that I like.

James from Okage. The script asks for a loyal butlar for the evil king, Stan. What we got was a nice charicter with some quirky moments.

Anju and Kafei from Majora's Mask. Everyone's favorite side quest but you feel for these characters because the are really developed. If I had to pick one, I would choose Kafei, since even after he was turned into child, he did everything to get his mask back and get back to Anju.

Time for the Unpopular Video Game Opinion
Tingle. I don't get the hate for this guy. He's a cool interesting guy that sells you maps to help you on your anventure. He became uninteresting in Wind Waker, only because he was a part of the annoying side quest at the end of the game.
I like Gohtza's soldiers from Lost Odyssey.
[Image: Image_08.jpg]

Kelolons are very good too.
[Image: Kelolon-Papa.jpg]
A really nice one are Tonberries. I always thought they were hilarious. "Oh, its a little lizard guy," "Man, it sure has a lot of health" "Oh my everyspleen!" [Image: 200px-Ff9-tonberry.jpg]
(06-09-2014, 04:08 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: A really nice one are Tonberries. I always thought they were hilarious. "Oh, its a little lizard guy," "Man, it sure has a lot of health" "Oh my everyspleen!" [Image: 200px-Ff9-tonberry.jpg]

The true fear of every Final Fantasy fan.
(06-10-2014, 02:56 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(06-09-2014, 04:08 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: A really nice one are Tonberries. I always thought they were hilarious. "Oh, its a little lizard guy," "Man, it sure has a lot of health" "Oh my everyspleen!" [Image: 200px-Ff9-tonberry.jpg]

The true fear of every Final Fantasy fan.

Especially in FF8 when you have to beat Tonberry King to get a GF summon monster to help. Have to kill like 20+ Tonberries just to initiate the fight. Cool thing if you can get him.

That actually made me think of another good one, Cactuar.
Mother
Freakin'
KELLAM

[Image: Cullum.jpg]

I loved this guy so much while playing through Fire Emblem: Awakening. Usually I don't laugh at comedy attempts in games in general, but I found myself howling like a maniac when I was introduced to this unnoticeable behemoth. I don't know if it was the contrast from the grim storyline or what, but he came completely out of nowhere and it was hysterical. Throughout the entire game I loved listening to this guy and forcing him to have specific children like an enslaved whore pup, and his defensive stats made him a great pair for anyone.

Donald was pretty cool too
At Psycho: I too, am a fan of SC2. My favorite units were always Zealots, honestly. They're just, so. I dunno. Badass. They're in a war, where everyone is firing bullets from guns and Zealots are just like "Yeah, whatever." and just, run face first right into enemy fire and just cut the soldiers in half, with no qualms about getting shot. Then, they don't even "die." they get sent back home, rest, and go right back into battle. If they're TOO wounded from battle, they get in an Immortal and kick even more ass.

At MassDistraction: I was always disappointed Joseph died so early in the game. I actually would've liked to build up on him more, so his death would MEAN something to the team. Him dying in the beginning didn't affect me much. Yeah, it tells me "Oh snap, there's zombie dogs and they be killing people" but I'd have liked it more if everyone made it out alive and Joseph died sometime later.

At Arjahn: I never used Kellam, and I really should have. I was so into my team by then I felt I wasn't in need of new members. I also never even touched Vaike. At all.

My preferred minor character?

I have plenty. Mike from RE4 comes to mind. We don't see his face, but he's a total champ.

Who elsee..... I can't think of anything. TO BED I GO.