Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Majora's Mask Hype?
http://kotaku.com/zelda-boss-on-majoras-...Socialflow

Hype?
Meh, until someone says for a fact it's happening, I'm not going to get my hopes up, as much as I'd like to.
So, he's aware? I guess that's nice but it doesn't mean anything.
I should've really liked this game but the whole time limit drove me nuts as a kid. I kept losing a ton of progress because I had to keep turning back time. Maybe I'd be better at it as an adult, but I've never felt compelled to give it another try.
Hex, the 'three day' time thing bugged the hell out of me as a kid when I was playing Majora's mask. Now that I am older and wiser, I managed to use the time wisely to succeed(throughout the main quest and sidequests for the game). After seeing the remake of OOT on the 3DS. I am curious how a remake(or even a sequel) of Majora's mask would plan out on the 3DS. It could be interesting.
(06-12-2014, 09:31 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Hex, the 'three day' time thing bugged the hell out of me as a kid when I was playing Majora's mask. Now that I am older and wiser, I managed to use the time wisely to succeed(throughout the main quest and sidequests for the game). After seeing the remake of OOT on the 3DS. I am curious how a remake(or even a sequel) of Majora's mask would plan out on the 3DS. It could be interesting.

Since I now have a convenient game shelf it would be easy enough to hook up the 64 and give it another shot. I don't have anymore vacation time for awhile, but I think I'll try it again then.
Honestly, I think that Majora's Mask is one of the most overrated games in the Zelda franchise. I almost want a remake to not happen just to piss everyone off. :P
(06-13-2014, 11:03 AM)TrailerDrake Wrote: Honestly, I think that Majora's Mask is one of the most overrated games in the Zelda franchise. I almost want a remake to not happen just to piss everyone off. :P

Banned. Oddly I find Majoras Mask to be one of the most underrated. It's not talked about as much and is never given the Game of the Series title much like the others do. Really amazing game (personally).

Nah. To be honest remakes don't really need to happen. As much as I enjoyed OoT: 3Ds, it wasn't a necessity to play. But seeing the new graphics, models, animation and gameplay mechanics is always welcome.
If Nintendo do decide to remake Majoras Mask, then I would hope they make it for the Wii U. 1080p resolution with incredible graphics etc. I'd easily buy a Wii U just for that game.
I agree. When you hear about the best Zelda game, you hear the first one, A Link To The Past, Ocarina of Time, and (now) Wind Waker. Majora's Mask is given some love from of few of the fans, but next to no one has said it was the best. If you want to point out the overrated games, OoT is your game. Apparently it's the best game ever and perfect in every way, if you ignore Navi being going and unhelpful, the Water Temple being broken, the racist images, and everything else that people have complained about and still complain about. Other than that it's perfect.
(06-13-2014, 01:05 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(06-13-2014, 11:03 AM)TrailerDrake Wrote: Honestly, I think that Majora's Mask is one of the most overrated games in the Zelda franchise. I almost want a remake to not happen just to piss everyone off. :P

Banned. Oddly I find Majoras Mask to be one of the most underrated. It's not talked about as much and is never given the Game of the Series title much like the others do. Really amazing game (personally).

Bullshit. I hear about Majoras Mask as much and if not more than any other game in the franchise. Granted, I live on a forum where everyone loves Zelda, but it's far from being underrated.

I never really understood remakes and why studios don't just focus on making new games, aside from the armies of fanboys who will shill out tons of money just to see a new coat of paint on that game they liked when they were ten. Sorry, that was pretty mean spirited, but you get my point.
(06-14-2014, 12:24 AM)Arjahn Wrote:
(06-13-2014, 01:05 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:

Bullshit. I hear about Majoras Mask as much and if not more than any other game in the franchise. Granted, I live on a forum where everyone loves Zelda, but it's far from being underrated.

I never really understood remakes and why studios don't just focus on making new games, aside from the armies of fanboys who will shill out tons of money just to see a new coat of paint on that game they liked when they were ten. Sorry, that was pretty mean spirited, but you get my point.

Really? Whenever I talk about Zelda games it's usually straight to ALttP or Oot. I guess underrated isn't the right word, but less-talked-about than the others.

Remakes bring life back into the game and honestly I do prefer them to the original at times- mainly HD ports because it means you can play them on current generation consoles but in HD glory with new features, achievements and online functionality(RE4, God of War etc).
I'm gonna just say it.

I genuinely think OoT isn't all that great. I know it set up a lot for the series, and if it was the first game to do a lot of what it did. I know for its time, it was great... But so were the previous Zeldas. The original, as well as A Link to the Past, were ALSO great in their own right.

Ocarina of Time was rushed to come out on time for Christmas, and there's a lot of points in the game where you can see that had an effect. A lot of items were balanced poorly. The Ice Arrows are unavailable until the end of the game and essentially don't do anything. You can't beat the running man. The shortness of the dungeons made Farore's Wind almost entirely pointless. Nayru's Love isn't available until the end of the game and also feels unnecessary. Did anyone even use bombchus?

It's not that OoT is bad. I think it's a great game. But when you compare it to later installments, it's not nearly as good. Personally, I'm much more preferable to Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask.
(06-14-2014, 06:06 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(06-14-2014, 12:24 AM)Arjahn Wrote: Bullshit. I hear about Majoras Mask as much and if not more than any other game in the franchise. Granted, I live on a forum where everyone loves Zelda, but it's far from being underrated.

Really? Whenever I talk about Zelda games it's usually straight to ALttP or Oot. I guess underrated isn't the right word, but less-talked-about than the others.

Remakes bring life back into the game and honestly I do prefer them to the original at times- mainly HD ports because it means you can play them on current generation consoles but in HD glory with new features, achievements and online functionality(RE4, God of War etc).

Majora's Mask needs to be remade just to add more main quest stuff into it. The game is too short if you're just going for the main mission, as most of it is taken up with getting heart pieces, finding masks, and just doing side quests. Grandted, that's what gave it it's charm, but we could do with a little bit extra IMO.