Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zelda Wii U
Well then....

...that was hype.

Thoughts? What do you make of the trailer?
I don't think its Link. I think its Zelda or their child.
^

It's Link.

Also, canon has it that he ends up with Malon, so if it was their child it would be Malon's and Link's.

Regardless, I still think it's Link.
It looks like they are going for a cel shaded look similar to Wind Waker, but at the same time its taking pointers from Skyward Sword. This is going to be good.
I can't wait for it. It made me want a Wii U so bad.
(06-13-2014, 12:46 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I don't think its Link. I think its Zelda or their child.

Oh noes my fan fiction is ruined!

But Seriously Though, it certainly has potential to be great, and this whole ordeal definitley proves that Nintendo knows damn well how to resuscitate a console.
(06-14-2014, 12:26 AM)Arjahn Wrote:
(06-13-2014, 12:46 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I don't think its Link. I think its Zelda or their child.

Oh noes my fan fiction is ruined!

But Seriously Though, it certainly has potential to be great, and this whole ordeal definitley proves that Nintendo knows damn well how to resuscitate a console.

Shame it's 3 years after it came it out. It's listed as 2015. That's still pretty bad.
There's a big part of me that wants Link to keep those clothes for a long while. Not getting the traditional tunic until he receives the master sword.
^

They could go full fan fiction and just make the sword transform his clothes into the Green Tunic.

Or, they could just have a clothes select screen, like where you choose the different tunics in OOT and TP.
(06-14-2014, 04:56 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

They could go full fan fiction and just make the sword transform his clothes into the Green Tunic.

Or, they could just have a clothes select screen, like where you choose the different tunics in OOT and TP.

I'd guess it'd be like Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword where they start out in work/casual/pajamas and then find it the tunic for them to wear from someone they know without realising it's hidden meaning....just going by Zelda cliches. I'd make a guess and say Link is a hunter in this game.

Oh and High Quality images anyone?
[Image: wiiu_zelda_scrn01_e3xeexh.png][Image: wiiu_zelda_scrn02_e3xpogw.png][Image: wiiu_zelda_scrn03_e3ysrld.png][Image: wiiu_zelda_scrn04_e3x8ruc.png]
[Image: dahvfi.gif]
It's a bit of a shame that this one guy's statement was nothing more than a joke. Kinda wished that this guy wasn't Link.
I'm digging the art style. It looks really nice, but I'll probably pass on it.

And that guy is absolutely Link.
(06-16-2014, 12:24 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I'm digging the art style. It looks really nice, but I'll probably pass on it.

And that guy is absolutely Link.

Was my first thought "Oh hey, Link". But then the guy came out and said "Who says that's Link" and you start hoping for a miracle ...
I still say we need a red haired or straight ass black haired Link. Link doesn't have to be blond. Hell, Link's name isn't even Link. We just call him that because his character needs some kind of name. Only a couple Links are officially named Link. Link is essentially just whoever holds the Triforce of Courage. He could technically be anyone, and look like anyone. In a similar vein, Zelda doesn't have to look like a blonde, either. That's why she was a brunette in Twilight Princess, and had greenish hair in Wind Waker.

I'm telling you. We need a redhead or dark brown haired Link. And it should be a girl. I'm not even slightly kidding about this.
Link is what they call him because he "links" the stories and characters together.

I always loved pink haired Link from A Link to the Past.

Although I love the color blue, i'm not too fond of Link's clothes here. I'm quite partial to the green tunic.

I have mixed feelings about the art style. I feel like they're dancing on the line between Skyward Sword and the toon games. I was never a huge fan of the toon games.

I am so excited for the open world!!!!!!!!!!!