Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mario Kart 8 Cover
Mario and Peach are going in the opposite direction to the other racers on the game's box art. This may be an oversight by the developers, but it's also possible the box art is showing the game's battle mode.

[Image: dlANMB1.png]
Very interesting. I hadn't noticed that before. But wouldn't battle mode be on a track different than the normal racing tracks?
From a design point of view, it's better to have characters facing forwards.
Maybe the track is actually a Mobius strip and everyone is going the correct direction?

Actually, with anti grav, that totally needs to be a track in Mario Kart 8.
(06-18-2014, 09:13 AM)ssbawesome Wrote: Very interesting. I hadn't noticed that before. But wouldn't battle mode be on a track different than the normal racing tracks?

Welcome to everybody's criticism with the battle mode... I wish you were correct, but you're not. Battle mode is conducted on 4 specifically chosen standard tracks, and is boring.

I also picked up on this trivia the other day while talking to Tigerlily. Figured that for some reason I was looking at it wrong and the anti-grav system was making it look different or something. But yeah, I think you're right.
How the hell could they mess this up so bad?
(06-18-2014, 08:37 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: Maybe the track is actually a Mobius strip and everyone is going the correct direction?

Actually, with anti grav, that totally needs to be a track in Mario Kart 8.

Apparently, that's what the "8" on the logo is.
(06-19-2014, 02:23 AM)Dazz Wrote: Welcome to everybody's criticism with the battle mode... I wish you were correct, but you're not. Battle mode is conducted on 4 specifically chosen standard tracks, and is boring.

I beg to differ, my cousin brought the game over to my house a couple days ago and, of course, I came into the game thinking that they ruined battle mode. But after losing losing to my cousin many MANY times in Grand Prix,(He's had the game longer so I have an excuse) we started to play battle mode, and I was surprised how much I actually liked it and It's one of my favorite battle modes in any Mario Kart game!
And It's 6 stages, not 4. (BTW do you even own the game?)

But I think I've gotten way to off the subject, haven't I?
They should definitely be facing opposite directions if it were a normal race, just in case anyone was wondering how you travel across the track.

[Image: QRQJbxu.jpg]