Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I just cannot get into Minecraft
So, I downloaded Minecraft to my Xbox 360 after a trial play, but I just cannot get into it. I've tried. I do not have a gold membership and cannot play with others online, so I'm on my own. I bought it to pass time and my daughter likes it. I'm not getting anywhere very fast in survival mode and I started a world in creative mode and thought about re-creating Hyrule as best as possible with what items you're limited to. I also didn't do the entire tutorial.

But, in the end, I may just lose interest. Any ideas on how to raise my want to play this?
I'd recommend trying out Survival. Build your first house, find a cave to explore and then make utilities from that. Also, you bought it on Xbox so the experience is very limited (modding is pretty big for Minecraft as well as a strong online) as well as the important creative mode which is better on PC.

Even then, play it for 10 minutes just to see what the fuss is about. It's not really what I'd call getting hyped about, especially when there isn't much to it.
I personally never understood the hype of Minecraft. I know a few friends who love it, but its not my type of game. I guess I'm not part of the audience that its made for then.
Super open sandbox games definitely aren't for everyone. I was really into it for about 2.5 years and it was pretty much all I played. I did play the console version, but only for the platinum trophy and nostalgia.
I have a Survival game saved on my console. I've played it for a couple of hours, but I'm not making much progress. Oh, well. It's something to pass the time.
Me and Patrick LOVE it. Try a couple of survivals (you'll get a different world every time). You can put it on peaceful until you get the hang of it. There's TONS of shit to find. In every world, there is a stronghold, and those are super interesting when you find them.
Sometimes there's mineshafts, villages, mushroom islands, and tons of other stuff.
You can even sometimes find music discs, make a jukebox, and play the music! The discs are rare, so it's really exciting when you find them :)

Minecraft Wiki

If you get the full version, let me know. Me and Patrick will play with you!
It's not for everyone dude.

In my opinion, if you have a bunch of friends and want to play together it can be a fun time waster, but playing it by yourself is really boring.
(07-01-2014, 01:18 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: It's not for everyone dude.

In my opinion, if you have a bunch of friends and want to play together it can be a fun time waster, but playing it by yourself is really boring.

Unless you like to build stuff on creative. Patrick can just build shit for hours. He loves the redstone.
(07-01-2014, 01:41 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote:

Unless you like to build stuff on creative. Patrick can just build shit for hours. He loves the redstone.

I used to be huge into redstone. I knew the names of all those silly logic gates and I would spend hours making random stuff, like an automatic door that detects when I get near it and just opens. Sadly, updates to the game and not playing it has really gotten rid of what I know.
I bought the full version for the heck of it Saturday (I played the trial Friday) Cuccos, but I do not have a Gold Membership. I can't play with others online if don't, can I?

I played Creative to get familiar with some of the stuff, but lost interest pretty quick (plus, I only had 4.5 hours until I had to get up for work and needed sleep). In one of the modes, though, I thought about trying to create Hyrule. I may go for Termina instead, since Majora's Mask is my favorite LoZ.
You need gold to play with others online, but there is splitscreen compatibility, so you should be able to play it with your daughter. That's the main thing really. Its great for hanging out and bonding time, etc. Little kids really like the game, though that's not for everyone.
If Legos weren't so dang expensive, we'd just do that. I had castles, knights, etc. when I was a kid. I even took a French butler and replaced the head with an Alfred mustache to a normal face and made James Bond.I eventually gave them to my nephews before I ever had a child of my own... I mean 3 uncles that are younger than me.
(07-01-2014, 01:41 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote:

At one point I took redstone kinda seriously. Because I was studying computer science (Computer Systems architecture being the module that uses logic gates) at Uni and occasionally playing Minecraft, I found the redstone only operates as binary; on or off/0 or 1, so you could make your own logic gates (AND, NAND, OR) etc. For fun I even recreated part of my Uni work for my tutor just to give a demonstration. From looking on YouTube other people have taken redstone even further and made working calculators and mini games. Pretty interesting side of Minecraft if you're into computing.

Also, building a giant vagina is pretty fun. You can edit your character to be fully white to pretend you're a sperm and...
Smh...
(07-01-2014, 02:08 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: I bought the full version for the heck of it Saturday (I played the trial Friday) Cuccos, but I do not have a Gold Membership. I can't play with others online if don't, can I?

I played Creative to get familiar with some of the stuff, but lost interest pretty quick (plus, I only had 4.5 hours until I had to get up for work and needed sleep). In one of the modes, though, I thought about trying to create Hyrule. I may go for Termina instead, since Majora's Mask is my favorite LoZ.

I'm going to be honest, I have no idea. Patrick is the Xbox guy. I'm the Nintendo guy. I literally have two games on Xbox.

(07-02-2014, 06:14 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Also, building a giant vagina is pretty fun. You can edit your character to be fully white to pretend you're a sperm and...

Patrick had this creative world one time where he was building some redstone house. I went around to the other side of where he was and made a MASSIVE dick. With a rainbow behind it. And it was shooting too. It actually looks pretty good. I was pretty proud of it. If he hasn't deleted the world, i'll take a screenshot.