Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Difficulty do you normally start on?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Very Easy (More for getting used to the game and finding out the story of the game)
4.17%
1 4.17%
Easy (Same thing as above, To learn the story, adjust to game features, Etc...)
4.17%
1 4.17%
Normal (The default difficulty)
62.50%
15 62.50%
Hard ( Offer a challenge to the game)
16.67%
4 16.67%
Very Hard (Offers a tough challenge, Making you use everything to the extent
4.17%
1 4.17%
Extreme (Games usually have a custom name for this difficulty. You want to get all the challenge you could and will not stop until you've beaten it.)
8.33%
2 8.33%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What's Your Go-To Difficulty?
When you start a game what difficulty do you choose to start on? For me if I am starting a game from a series I have no idea about I choose normal most of the time but if their is a trophy/achievement that requires you to beat the game on hard then sometimes I will start on hard difficulty. If I start a game from a series I am already familiar with then I normally start on hard difficulty. What difficulty do you normally choose?
I always go to normal difficulty if I'm playing a game for the first time, but after I play a few more times I'll try the harder difficulties.
I always go in full blast. I've always lived by the idea that it's sink or swim, so learn quick.
As a result, I generally go to the highest difficulty and grind away at it.
Nowadays I just default to hard on everything. Most of the time that is the highest difficulty available at the start anyway, since often you need to unlock the ones above that.

However there are two exceptions. With Resident Evil 6 I just went "fuck it" and beat the game on Veteran on my first run. I've played enough RE to know I can handle the difficulties above hard. With games older than last gen, meaning PS2 and down, I go for normal since older games tend to be harder than newer ones.
Unless told otherwise, I go for the middle difficulty. This way I can get use to the game before I go up a level. This is either normal or hard since the games normaly have a "Hardest" or "Masacust" or "Kill Your Hands" difficulties.
I play games for the storyline and progression, so I don't go above normal unless the game is horrendously easy. I don't take much fun in having to grind the same place 50 times.

Makes games shorter but more enjoyable for my taste :)
I put normal. It might actually be easy if I'm completely honest when it comes to Far Cry, Fallout, and Civ, but those are the only ones that come to mind immediately for that, so yeah normal.
I always play the hardest difficulty available, no matter what! I enjoy games way more this way, and I am a little proud of myself when I complete it (then I play a VS Fighting game and lose against everyone).
Speaking of fighters, that would be another exception for me. I never change the default difficulty, which is normal. I don't enjoy getting my ass handed to me by the AI that much.
I go for the very hard difficulty cause I like challenges. The only exception was BioShock Infinite, because it was pretty difficult to learn those controls.
For Halo, I want to finish them all on Legendary. I've done Halo 1, 3, Reach, ODST, Wars and 4, and soon the Anni collection will give me 2.

It depends on the games really, pretty much 100% of the time I play on Normal, but if the game seems hard or difficult before I start I'll choose Easy (I did that with Catherine) but if I feel I can handle it I choose Normal all the time, even for games in which the Normal mode is Hard Mode (Wonderful 101, Metal Gear Rising)

I think games should start having Dynamic Difficulty, like God Hand did.

I thought it was perfect, as you get better so do the enemies, so if you never get good it will remain easy (to an extent, the game is still hard for newbies) but if you get good you will always have a great challenge. I loved that and think more games should have something like that.
I normally do normal, and then hard for trophies, sometimes followed by the easiest difficulty if there are collectibles.
For sequels of games I played before I start on Hard but when I start a whole new game series I play on normal. The only time I play easy is the old Resident Evil and Ninja Gaiden games.
I almost always go with Normal. Unless its a easy game, in which case I would go for something harder.
I'm more of a normal difficulty type of guy when it comes to gaming. If its something I've beaten before, I usually turn it up a notch to get some challenges along my way.