Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kirby 64/OoT File Select Music
The File Select theme from Kirby 64 sounds very similar to the File Select/Great Fairy theme from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask.

Zelda:

Kirby 64:

It makes sense considering both Majora's Mask and Kirby 64 came in out in 2000, meaning they were both in development at the same time.
Considering the song has been in use since A Link to the Past (it was used at the continue screen), I think this is just a coincidence.
(08-05-2014, 04:33 PM)Takahashi2212 Wrote: Considering the song has been in use since A Link to the Past (it was used at the continue screen), I think this is just a coincidence.

Even so, both games were developed by Nintendo and there's no denying the two tracks sound similar AND the fact that they were both used for the File Select of there respective games... Nope. There's no way it could be a coincidence.
Except they are not the same song what-so-ever... They both use 1 note melodies on the lead, and 4 in the background... so like they are the same template for a song.... I'll admit it's clearly ripped off or influenced. but it is a COMPLETELY different tune. If you cannot notice that you may actually be Tone Deaf.

Edit: Unless you were just trying to imply they have similar styles and are not the same song. In that case I apologies.
(08-11-2014, 08:45 AM)Skarro Wrote: Unless you were just trying to imply they have similar styles and are not the same song. In that case I apologies.
I was and apology exepted.