Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
If there was a Super Smash Racing, would you play it?
The idea of this came in when we all saw Kirby flying near rainbow road in the trailer for the smash bros game for the 3DS and Wii U. We have Super Smash Bros which consists on fighting. So why not a spin-off of Smash bros that consists on racing? I know the chances of this happening are none, but in all seriousness, I would play a racing spin off of Smash bros in the veins of Mario Kart. Would you?
Yes. Defidently a must buy.
I'd rather a new kirby air ride personally.
Yeah, I'd try it out.
I'd be down.
I feel like it could be a part of the Smash Bros games, kind of like the Home Run Contest or Target Test, it could be called Smash Bros Racing or something along those lines. The idea of seeing Link racing in a kart just seems weird to me.
Just... just make a new F-Zero.
(08-15-2014, 11:46 PM)Arjahn Wrote: Just... just make a new F-Zero.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Not saying I WOULDN'T play Super Smash Racing, but I would play a new F-Zero 10x harder. If that makes any sense.
(08-15-2014, 11:46 PM)Arjahn Wrote: Just... just make a new F-Zero.

Oh no, we're long gone Nintendo making a new F-Zero, but you know what still could be made?

Saving the Wii U, one game at a time.
(08-15-2014, 11:20 PM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: I feel like it could be a part of the Smash Bros games, kind of like the Home Run Contest or Target Test, it could be called Smash Bros Racing or something along those lines. The idea of seeing Link racing in a kart just seems weird to me.

If this was its own game, it wouldn't be just karts that would be usable for the characters to race in. Like Link could use Epona to race the other racers in, Kirby could use the air ride vehicles, and even introduce new things like boats(so that Link could use the king of the red lions to race against the other racers) . Heck, if Mario kart Wii introduced motorbikes for the racers. I don't see why it would be a bad idea to switch things up a bit for a Nintendo racing game.
(08-16-2014, 09:32 AM)CLXcool Wrote:
(08-15-2014, 11:20 PM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: I feel like it could be a part of the Smash Bros games, kind of like the Home Run Contest or Target Test, it could be called Smash Bros Racing or something along those lines. The idea of seeing Link racing in a kart just seems weird to me.

If this was its own game, it wouldn't be just karts that would be usable for the characters to race in. Like Link could use Epona to race the other racers in, Kirby could use the air ride vehicles, and even introduce new things like boats(so that Link could use the king of the red lions to race against the other racers) . Heck, if Mario kart Wii introduced motorbikes for the racers. I don't see why it would be a bad idea to switch things up a bit for a Nintendo racing game.
I think it should have air and underwater like 7 had, so it would give even more variation for the karts. Like, instead of a hang glider for Link, he'd jump off Epona and onto that owl guy from OoT and then jump back on Epona when they approached the ground. Just some thoughts to very the game a bit more.
It would make more sense if link had Bird Feathers as a flying buddy for this rather than get the owl from OOT/Majoras Mask.
I would. I know this is Nintendo and it doesn't surprise me since they're still stuck in the 80's but Mario Kart 8 should've been this. I feel the game is pretty underwhelming/short lasting but a Nintendo Super Kart would've easily kept me coming back.
(08-16-2014, 04:01 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: I would. I know this is Nintendo and it doesn't surprise me since they're still stuck in the 80's but Mario Kart 8 should've been this. I feel the game is pretty underwhelming/short lasting but a Nintendo Super Kart would've easily kept me coming back.

It doesn't help that Mario Kart 8 has a bunch of filler characters like the Koopalings and Pink Gold Peach.
(08-16-2014, 04:13 PM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote:
(08-16-2014, 04:01 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: I would. I know this is Nintendo and it doesn't surprise me since they're still stuck in the 80's but Mario Kart 8 should've been this. I feel the game is pretty underwhelming/short lasting but a Nintendo Super Kart would've easily kept me coming back.

It doesn't help that Mario Kart 8 has a bunch of filler characters like the Koopalings and Pink Gold Peach.
Pretty much. Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach. Why? Also, adding the Koopalings but no Bowser. Jr? What?
I was really hoping Nintendo would finally say "screw it", flip the table and give us one incredible Mario Kart 8 game that felt like a celebration of Nintendo much like Sonic All-stars Racing is. This new Nintendo racer letting you play as Link (go kart Epona), Captain Falcon(In an obviously toned down Blue Falcon), Samus (In her spaceship), Pikachu on the back of a Blaziken (due to how fast that Pokemon is). All the new Power-ups like Pokeballs, the Hookshot, A Golden Shovel and so much more obviously.
But Mario Kart 8 does nothing for the series and the image of Nintendo. As much as I love Smash Bros, they seem to be repeating themselves there too. That's Also not me saying Mario Kart 8 is even bad at all (though that battle mode). Though I'm going off topic here.
I would definitely feel like I'm missing out if Nintendo made that type of racer and I didn't own a Wii U. Oh well, Nintendo.