Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Forgotten characters thread
Is there a franchise that just up and forgot about a character, and you feel it's unjust?

Seriously guys, where the hell did Birdo go?
Soul Calibur forgot half its cast in the last game.
(08-16-2014, 12:13 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Soul Calibur forgot half its cast in the last game.
Almost all of which were characters I used to play. In fact, all of my playable characters were gone accept for my main which was Kilik, who wasn't Kilik, he was the male weapon's master, which is stupid. Sorry but I actually have a lot of pent up dislike, rather than rage for that game. SC4 was probably one of my favorite games of all time, and SC5 completely blew. They need to make one for the 8th generation, meant to compete with Killer Instinct and Street Fighter. The material is there, it just has to be done right.
Same case. I mained Kilik and the guy who replaced him kind of made me angry. They took the stoic monk who acts for what he sees as the greater good, and replaced him with a want-to-be Goku, but only had the stomach and the staff.
Everyone from Chrono Trigger.
I didn't like that Little Mac was not in the previous Super Smash Bros. games.
(08-16-2014, 12:41 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Everyone from Chrono Trigger.
As long as we are doing things like this, everyone from the dot hack games as well.
(08-16-2014, 01:45 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: I didn't like that Little Mac was not in the previous Super Smash Bros. games.

Even though I agree, Punch Out for the Wii was released in 2009. A year after Brawl came out. Which was when Little Mac jumped from the 2D world to the 3D world. Maybe they could make him in 2D, I mean, just look at Mr Game and Watch. But it's pretty hard to make 2D Characters like that. I can hardly imagine him jumping, running, and other stuff. It seems a bit hard to make that in the game, but at the same time,
Mario. But since he's from an Indie company called...Nintenga(?) or something. It's no surprise.

In all seriousness, you could easily put any hidden gem game in here. Why doesn't SEGA use more Skies of Arcadia characters? Where are The Smiths from Killer 7? Cate Archer from No-one Lives Forever.

WHERE IS CONKER!? >: (
(08-16-2014, 04:03 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Mario.

Don't forget Sanic.
[Image: 1385136139955.png]
(08-16-2014, 04:04 PM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote:
(08-16-2014, 04:03 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Mario.

Don't forget Sanic.
[Image: 1385136139955.png]

I've already forgotten!
Conker is forgotten, he hasn't had a game in years(not counting his appearance for Project Spark). But in all seriousness. Joanna is a memory to gamers.
I can't really think of a game that did that. Most of the games that did this, I didn't care about the character.

The one example I can think of is part of the cooper gang. At the end of Sly 3, there are 7 members and at the start of Thieves in Time, two of the members are missing. Speaking of Sly 3, what happened to McSweeny? We see him in one cut sceen and than we never see him again. I'd like to see more of him.
Crash and Banjo haven't been relevant for a while now.
Speaking of Crash. When was the last time we saw this face in a Crash game? Oh yeah. Not since the first one.
[Image: 500px-Tawnabash.png]