Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Favorite minor trend in a game series
Since we're on a roll with these apparently, what's a little in-joke or common theme that each game in a series has that you like? It doesn't have to be big, in fact it shouldn't be big in this thread, but its there.

For example:
In every Pokemon game, there is a fan man in the main character's home town who talks about how amazing technology is, describing how one can interact with others in the game.
I like the shop keeper's line in The Legend of Zelda; "Its dangerous to go alone! Take this!" Also, just realized this is your 4000th post, Psycho. Congratulations!
I liked the fact that in the original Leisure Suit Larry series that there was a joke about Larry 4.
Another from The Legend of Zelda is this, "It's a secret to everybody".
"It's not a ladder, it's a step-ladder!" from the Phoenix Wright games.

banang!
In the handheld Mario and Luigi RPG series, the fact that no one can ever remember Luigi's name.
^Its funny how not even Boswer can remember Luigi's name. It even got joked in Super Princess Peach
[Image: SavedLuigi.jpg]
I don't wanna turn into one of those threads but I find Easter Eggs or nods to other games humbling at times.
The Skeleton of Duke Nukem in Serious Sam
A Mirrors Edge that reference to Super Mario
A portal in Rage that takes you to Doom 1
Samus and Link asleep in bed.

There's so many but they stand out to me the most.
Sorry but if I understood well, the thread is about a running gag in a serie, not just a easter egg in one of the games of the serie.
(08-17-2014, 11:29 AM)Pewable Wrote: Sorry but if I understood well, the thread is about a running gag in a serie, not just a easter egg in one of the games of the serie.

Oh. Arrow to the Knee then.
Have you guys heard it?
^

That joke killed the internet for a while.

Then ponies took over and it's never recovered.
Heh, just don't ask a redditor about broken arms.