Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Cross-Site Linking
Hey folks,

Today we've rearranged our home page, but also introduced a new feature. We've now made it much easier to link to games within your trivia submissions.

For example, say you wanted to submit this piece of trivia:
Kart noises in the E3 demo were recycled from Mario Kart Wii. These were replaced by new engine noises in the final release.

You could now write:
Kart noises in the E3 demo were recycled from [[Mario Kart Wii]]. These were replaced by new engine noises in the final release.

Doing so would link the Mario Kart Wii text to the Mario Kart Wii game page. This make browsing the site a lot easier to find out more information for games, and how they link up! We already did this on submissions manually, by entering the game's URLs, but we've now made the site calculate the game's URL automagically!

This also works for consoles, developers and series, too!
[[Game Name]]
((Console Name))
##Developer Name##
{{Series Name}}

You can also have the link have different text to the page you want to display by using the following code:
[[Game Name|Text you want to display instead]]
((Console Name|Text you want to display instead))
##Developer Name|Text you want to display instead##
{{Series Name|Text you want to display instead}}

Hopefully this will make the site a little easier to submit to, but also easier for us to maintain!
If this isn't already stated in the submissions page, could we get the instructions for that in the page, or a link to this one?
It's already there, right next to the trivia box.
Alright, good to know. For some reason, it didn't occur to me when I posted that that I could just check. lol