Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Stupid question time, why is my PC download speed slower than my Mac?
I've been using my family's Mac lately, which runs games like crap, and I just got my PC fixed the other day. While I was using the Mac, Steam downloaded games at a solid 6-7 mb/s, but now that I'm on my PC, the download speed is only averaging 2-3 mb/s.

I know this is a grossly over-simplified question, but why is it so much slower on the PC?
Without knowing anything about your setup, my gut reaction is that the Mac is connected to the network via Ethernet and the PC is connecting wirelessly. Wired will pretty much always be faster than wireless.
(09-08-2014, 09:36 PM)Petie Wrote: Without knowing anything about your setup, my gut reaction is that the Mac is connected to the network via Ethernet and the PC is connecting wirelessly. Wired will pretty much always be faster than wireless.

Ok that sounds about right, don't know why I didn't think of that.

Thanks for the help, feel free to delete this thread or move it to the Land of the Locked or whatever admin voodoo you dodo.