Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SSB4 Roster - Thoughts and Opinions
Since some people in Japan got their hands on SSB4 on 3DS before they were supposed to, some people have been streaming it live on twitch all day. It also confirmed the full roster featured in the leak. So what do you think of the final roster? Do you love? Hate it? Tell us!
Ness? Yeah boy! R.O.B.? Hell yeah! Darrkkk...Piitt? Eeeehhhhh...
Is it really true that duck hunt dog is in this?
Yes, the dog is in. His moveset is actually much more unique than I thought it would be. He'll be worth a try.
I think most of the roster is a great idea to have. A few of the ones I did not like (Palutena and........ I'll get back to you on this) I have warmed up to. On the other hands they split up Zelda and Samus from their alternate forms to limit on clones, only to add Dark Pit and Dr. Mario, who are most likely clones. I don't really mind the clones though. What I do mind is the return of Olimar and the addition of DHD, both of whom everyone likes becuse of reasons. I think we could have dropped DHD for Geno, Kristal, King K. Rool, or Bayonetta.

Also, why are we getting a ton of Fire Emblem characters?
I love every character except those piece of shit clones.

Which characters do you guys think you'll be playing the most? I'll definitely be playing as Bowser Jr. a fuck ton and probably Duck Hunt Dog.
I'll probably be sticking with Pit who I mained in Brawl, as well as Ness. R.O.B. I'll still play as, Captain Falcon is still my man, too, but I don't if I'll be playing as Marth once I see how Lucina plays.
I still feel the Duck Hunt Dog was a bad addition, we really could've had Travis Touchdown instead.

I don't care much for anyone else though, I always main Link even if he's at the bottom of competitive lists.
(09-11-2014, 04:44 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Is it really true that duck hunt dog is in this?

Duck Hunt is the closest thing we can get to Banjo Kazooie.
(09-11-2014, 06:24 PM)G-Haven Wrote: Duck Hunt is the closest thing we can get to Banjo Kazooie.

Wow, I never thought of that...
(09-11-2014, 05:47 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I still feel the Duck Hunt Dog was a bad addition, we really could've had Travis Touchdown instead.

I agree. He sounds like a joke, like someone adding the Gyroid as a playable character. No matter how well he plays, I don't think I will ever like him. The same with little Mac. They both should have been Assist Trophies and not fighters.
I'm actually pumped for it. I am pleased that the Duck Hunt dog is a playable character. He's part of a 'throwback' to Nintendo's NES days like how Pac-man is a throwback nod to the arcade games. And I was gonna mention that G-Haven. The Duck Hunt Dog is close to anyone who wants Banjo-kazooie in Smash bros.
I'm actually okay with the final roster, I was just hoping I would see Robin as he and Chrom were my most anticipated characters, since Robin got to be in the roster I'm pretty happy. I'll try to main Robin and Lucina along with the person I already main, Link. I also think it was awesome of Nintendo to put in gender swaps for some characters.
Eh. I don't think the roster sucks but it's pretty underwhelming. From looking at the characters in the game and the models used, it just looks like a lazy arse cut and paste in HD. Add a few new characters. If not that, alter one character and make it a new one.
Then we'll DLC the rest later after we've seen how Mario Kart 8's DLC goes.
Eh.

Eh.