Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Deadpool movie is happening guys
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/18/d...e=facebook

I was gonna post this in the playground, but this was way too big to be posted as a joke post on there. So it looks like Fox is finally listening to the demands of the fans regarding on the test footage of Deadpool that was leaked. Deadpool's movie is going to be a reality. If they end up making it Pg13, I do hope Deadpool breaks the fourth wall by having jokes that make fun of the censorship just before he makes the said action(e.g him about to kill someone but turns to the audience to say 'don't you wish you could see this??? Too bad you cant!).
After how he was handled in X-Men Origins I'm afraid of how this would turn out.

I would absolutely love to get a Deadpool movie done right, though.
That was only because Fox screwed up on their part. The test teaser trailer Deadpool is how people want Deadpool as.
I'm skeptical of how the movie might turn out but pumped to see this is happening.

Also what's with everyone wishing for rated r anyways, the test footage got overwhelming praise despite the blood and gore being absent.
Yeah I'm hyped!
(09-19-2014, 02:53 PM)Berry Wrote: I'm skeptical of how the movie might turn out but pumped to see this is happening.

Also what's with everyone wishing for rated r anyways, the test footage got overwhelming praise despite the blood and gore being absent.

The full footage of that teaser was Deadpool drawing a guy getting a head cut off, during the flipping of the car Deadpool shows the guy the drawing as he is flipping around, cuts said guy's head off, and then plays with the head.

I want an R rated version, or at least they should do what they did with Die Hard 4 and just make a R rated movie but edit it for a PG-13 rating. Or to put it another way, make a Theatrical release for a wide audience and then when released on video put all the good stuff back in as an "Extended/Director's Cut."
(09-19-2014, 09:46 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote:
(09-19-2014, 02:53 PM)Berry Wrote: I'm skeptical of how the movie might turn out but pumped to see this is happening.

The full footage of that teaser was Deadpool drawing a guy getting a head cut off, during the flipping of the car Deadpool shows the guy the drawing as he is flipping around, cuts said guy's head off, and then plays with the head.

I want an R rated version, or at least they should do what they did with Die Hard 4 and just make a R rated movie but edit it for a PG-13 rating. Or to put it another way, make a Theatrical release for a wide audience and then when released on video put all the good stuff back in as an "Extended/Director's Cut."

That's only part of the teaser and the guys head lacked barely any visible gore or blood unless your looking for it and it's a blink you'll miss it kind of deal.

I sorta agree with the R-Rated-Director Cut deal, but I honestly don't want a butchered movie(Which is I refuse to pay the theater ticket and just hold off for the DVD release). If the studio wants an R rating then I applaud them to do it, I'm just saying that it's possible to do a PG-13 rating AND be faithful to what Deadpool is and what he represents. The blood and gore is just an added bonus.
Here is the test footage for everyone (like me) who have not seen it before:
I really liked the teaser and all but the guys Deadpool is cutting look like stupid robots. No emotion at all. So I am afraid that, while it looks pretty, the faces look like crap.
(09-20-2014, 06:38 AM)Pewable Wrote: I really liked the teaser and all but the guys Deadpool is cutting look like stupid robots. No emotion at all. So I am afraid that, while it looks pretty, the faces look like crap.

It's test footage, made for fun. Not a teaser. It's not made with a big budget.
(09-20-2014, 06:38 AM)Pewable Wrote: I really liked the teaser and all but the guys Deadpool is cutting look like stupid robots. No emotion at all. So I am afraid that, while it looks pretty, the faces look like crap.

True but in the Deadpool comic, they really are just canon fodder because the emphasis is always on Deadpool and is guest stars. Showing no emotion is typical but at the same time you're right in that they could maybe change the trope. Also, it's worth noting that this short was produced by a small team so it'll look a bit rough.
Incoming shitstorm of complaints that the news breaking the matter of Deadpool's movie being Pg13 rated.
http://geektyrant.com/news/that-deadpool...l-be-pg-13
(09-21-2014, 10:44 AM)CLXcool Wrote: Incoming shitstorm of complaints that the news breaking the matter of Deadpool's movie being Pg13 rated.
http://geektyrant.com/news/that-deadpool...l-be-pg-13

Deadpool = Us
Hulk = Fox
[Image: tumblr_lg0u5mVEhP1qbg23ko1_500.gif]
I'm hoping that they do make an R rated version of the film, while the released version is a Pg13 cut of the film for theatrical release. Later leading up to an 'R rated director's cut' of the film'. Although. I'm not holding my breathe.
(09-21-2014, 12:06 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I'm hoping that they do make an R rated version of the film, while the released version is a Pg13 cut of the film for theatrical release. Later leading up to an 'R rated director's cut' of the film'. Although. I'm not holding my breathe.

They did it with The Wolverine (Dat ninjas slaughter scene was fvcking crazy), so it's pretty much a guarantee that the same will be for the Deadpool film.