Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Resident Evil 6 Review [By Stiffler]
THIS REVIEW WILL MOST LIKELY CONTAIN SPOILERS.

Well, since there's no real section for gaming reviews then I was told to post my reviews in this section until it'll be started, so yeah.. Here's my review on Resident Evil 6.

Introduction: This review may come abit late since Resident Evil 6 was released the 2 October 2012, however I have recently got it from my girlfriend as a gift and now have completed every campaign there was, and I'll go in-depth on every campaign.

So lets start then!

General Stuff:
Compared to the Resident Evil 5 I must say it's like they overhauled the whole thing and have improved the gameplay / story of the whole game, which was quite a great suprise for me seeing as when I played Resident Evil 5 I didn't even bother completing it, the controls, the camera, the story, was just.. Rubbish in my opinion.
However this is about Resident Evil 6 so let's not speak about the 5th.
It also brings a new "perk" system which will allow you to buy multiple different perks and upgrade them as you get more skill points from enemies.

The new controls in Resident Evil 6 is quite a nice change, in the former RE's the controls and camera was quite a pain in the ass to direct with. The camera's always been a problem in the series, however in the Resident Evil 6 the camera have been majorily improved so it's easier to control, and the camera doesn't annoy you anymore. What I liked about the new controls was the interface and the way you move around, in RE5 before RE6 they tried out something new with the controls which was a major fail and therefore scaring some of their buyers not to buy it due to it just being a pain in the ass to move around, however in RE6 it was improved alot and now it's smooth and quite a joy to move around now and explore every corner of the maps.ยจ

Leon's Campaign:

Leon's campaign was the campaign I enjoyed most of all the 4 campaigns there is, due to it simply having abit of the old athomsphere back in the game, "slow" zombies, not zombies with guns, and a good comeback by one of my favorite characters Leon.
The story and background of Leon's Campaign I think was also the best in the whole campaign, of course they overlap eachother later in the game (will be more on that lter) however it still kept to the old ways of RE and didn't bring too much of the RE style into the game.
What I would like they added though is some more background on how the zombies itself penetrated the campus and ended up killing the president, just a small clip of how it all started to happen, however you start in the middle of it with the president already bitten.

4/5

Final Verdict: Chris's Campaign.

Once I had finished Leon's campaign I directly started to play Chris, that was.. Quite a change.. You start in the middle of the war once again in a place called "Edonia",
however you do get some more background story of how Chris ended up there and that's what I would like happened to Leon's campaign aswell. Anyway! You start in the middle of the war with the BSAA and the militia in Edonia which is affected by the new virus called "The C-Virus" which appearently is a strenghtened version of the T-Virus, however this ruined the whole atmoshphere of the campaign for me, I know Resident Evil for horror, slow zombies, and just shitting in your pants.
However, in this campaign the C-Virus infected militia is able to control tanks, do tactical army combat, shoot guns, run around like maniacs, mutate when you hit them wrong places, and just think for themself and talk. (Note; they all signed up themself and gave themself the C-Virus.)
However, as you progress through the campaign and move out of Edonia you later on take a quest on killing Ada after she kills your whole squad except for your partner in Edonia.
You end up in China for a special BSAA mission and after you've completed that you get a hint of that Ada was the one organising it all, you then get the intel you need to track down Ada and you later find her in a warehouse where you meet up with Leon and his partner, as they fight for whoever takes Ada with them Ada manages to escape them both, you then go after Ada as Leon continues his mission.
You end up tracking Ada but she gets killed by the main enemy (No spoiler here)
And the rest is up for you to discover.
I must say this wasn't the most enjoyable campaign there was since I'd rather have a horror zombie game than a new Call of Duty with zombies.

Final Verdict: 2.5/5

Jake's Campaign:

Jake's campaign was fine, I don't have much to say about it seeing as it pretty much overlapped the other campaigns in the end however the story and the gameplay itself was fine, besides the Call of Duty zombies once again.
You get alot of important information and background story of why stuff happens in the other campaigns so I suggest you find that out yourself so I won't ruin your experience.

Final Verdict: 3/5

Ada's Campaign:

Ada's campaign was the best story wise, you get ALOT of background story and what really happened, for me it was really mindblowing when I found out why all that stuff happened in the other campaigns, however now it makes sense after playing the campaign, the campaign itself is mind blowing therefore I won't say much except that the Call of Duty zombies are back in business, however the campaign starts out with a nice twist and some fun puzzles to solve if you didn't check a walkthrough. Ada's actually cool, however as she has no partner in the story itself the partner she has was a "agent" of some sorts, that won't be able to do anything but follow you and shoot stuff (Partner only shows up if you play multiplayer), however it's a good thing I would say seeing as Ada is basicly a lone freelancer that just gets into trouble alot.
But, the campaign was not as long as the other ones, actually it was quite short compared to the others, therefore that puts down the rating.

Final Verdict: 3.5/5

Final Verdict of the game: 3.7/5

--

Sidenotes: I am not a journalist, and this is my review, everyone is welcome to come with their own opinion as it's mature and not just insulting me or my review.

Anyway, this is Stiffler signing out, I've probably forgot a few things but it's a big game.
I disagree with the whole "It's CoD Zombies" since the enemies are far more intelligent so the player should be able to maneuver to avoid harm, but aside from that' it was pretty review. I think the only parts of the game missed out where the unlocks and mercenaries.
(03-21-2013, 06:34 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: I disagree with the whole "It's CoD Zombies" since the enemies are far more intelligent so the player should be able to maneuver to avoid harm, but aside from that' it was pretty review. I think the only parts of the game missed out where the unlocks and mercenaries.

HA! Nice one.

And yeah I missed that out, but I'm more of a story guy, I don't do much when it comes to unlocks etc.
I have no idea why, but this review really makes me want to go play some Quake 3...
(03-21-2013, 07:29 AM)Arjahn Wrote: I have no idea why, but this review really makes me want to go play some Quake 3...

Ehh.. Alright xD