Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Are colorful backgrounds too distracting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not even slightly and anyone who says they are is insane!
30.77%
4 30.77%
Yes! I can finally read the site in peace this month!
15.38%
2 15.38%
Both of those options are far too enthusiastic and I don't really care either way.
53.85%
7 53.85%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Colorful Backgrounds
Like them? Hate them? Don't really care either way? A poll was mentioned in the other thread and I think it's a good idea since Dazz finds colorful backgrounds distracting and I don't. Let's hear your thoughts!

Just to clarify, I don't dislike this month's background at all. I actually think it looks cool and the lack of color does work with the site. I just don't think we should permanently avoid color forever on the basis of it being distracting unless the vast majority of you agree with that sentiment.
It not that I don't like the background€ this month. It just looks like it's missing something without the color. Like you know that the color is meant to be there but it's not, almost like watching a cartoon on an old Black and White TV. Since Pokemon is a very colorful game, I think it was the wrong game to start monotone look.

Perhaps we could do a little bit of both. We could try diluting the colors enough that there not distracting, but also enough to still have some color.
I normally prefer colorful backgrounds compared to backgrounds without color. The Pokemon background feels pretty epic compared to Last of Us which felt very depressing. When you guys choose backgrounds with colors it makes the page pop out more in my opinion.