Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Weird/Cool Goodwill Items
Here's some wierd/cool stuff I found at my local Goodwill. For no real reason.

The first one really isn't an item. Apparently the sketchy ice cream man likes to hang out here to...[Image: bEigHSX.jpg]
...hey, a Sonic sticker!

The first two arent really that interesting. An old camera and telephone, I thought they were pretty cool. It's amazing how advanced technology has become in recent years.
[Image: wtZHnut.jpg]
[Image: Cd9GAnd.jpg]

A terrible looking 3D Mortal Kombat movie on VHS, anyone actually seen this before?
[Image: cqG2sNZ.jpg]
[Image: 0nrayk1.jpg]

Wait, how did this GET here?
[Image: 52UQEHc.jpg]

Wow, Harry Potter seems a little to happy for someone who lost his hand.
[Image: wq7y6Ys.jpg]

So this is what happens if you put Donald Duck and a Deedeedoll in a blender...
[Image: xVky6oD.jpg]

Hey! I used to have a subscription to this! But then it ended and they started sending me "Family Fun" 
[Image: 7RNdIpS.jpg]

I also remember these games...Break the Ice was my favorite, probably doesn't have most of the pieces.
[Image: 9fYtuNt.jpg]

Here's the only one I actually bought, and it was a pretty awesome find. The original first PokeDex toy ever released, and in near perfect condition!
[Image: Lb0ynGy.jpg]
It's extremely rare that you find anything of worth at one of these places.

Feel free to post any weird/cool items at your local thrift store or Goodwill here.
Yo, you should've bought that Polaroid camera if it was cheap.

Those cameras are so cool, people are trying to put that into technology today.
That Mortal Kombat movie was terrible. It was worse than the live action movies.
(11-10-2014, 03:28 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Yo, you should've bought that Polaroid camera if it was cheap.

I actually thought of purchasing it, but then I figured I probably couldn't find any cartridges for it anymore so I didn't.
Wish I had though... :/
I got a freaking awesome typewriter with a heavy metal carrying case at one once.
I got my first Sega genesis and 15 games at a yard sale for $10.

Also, every coat I own came from a Good Will, as have several of my suits. My favorite old coat is corduroy with leather elbow patches.
(11-10-2014, 01:35 PM)Boyobmas Wrote: Here's the only one I actually bought, and it was a pretty awesome find. The original first PokeDex toy ever released, and in near perfect condition!
[Image: Lb0ynGy.jpg]
It's extremely rare that you find anything of worth at one of these places.

You lucky dog. My sister and I wanted one of these as kids, which made my mom go out on Black Friday to get one. We LOVED the thing.

I cheacked on Amazon and Ebay to see what they go for and your hard press to find one for less than $20 (the cheepist one I could find was $8 with 7 bids).
Just you wait. With my mom working at one now, I'll bet she'll tell me about all sorts of weird stuff to go and take photos of.
(11-10-2014, 06:06 PM)Boyobmas Wrote:
(11-10-2014, 03:28 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Yo, you should've bought that Polaroid camera if it was cheap.

I actually thought of purchasing it, but then I figured I probably couldn't find any cartridges for it anymore so I didn't.

It's okay, you recently discovered Phoenix Wright so I forgive you.
(11-11-2014, 07:53 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(11-10-2014, 06:06 PM)Boyobmas Wrote:

To avoid making an unrelated subtopic, I will simply say: It is awesome.
Dude, you should've gotten that Mortal Kombat film. I didn't even know there was an animated movie out there.

(11-11-2014, 08:29 AM)Boyobmas Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 07:53 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(11-10-2014, 06:06 PM)Boyobmas Wrote: I actually thought of purchasing it, but then I figured I probably couldn't find any cartridges for it anymore so I didn't.

To avoid making an unrelated subtopic, I will simply say: It is awesome.

We do have a Phoenix Wright thread though: http://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-580.html

You may share your excitement there :)
(11-11-2014, 10:48 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Dude, you should've gotten that Mortal Kombat film. I didn't even know there was an animated movie out

It's not as bad as I remember. The mixture of traditional animation and cg animation didn't mix well, imo.

I'll leave this here:
(11-11-2014, 12:22 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 10:48 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Dude, you should've gotten that Mortal Kombat film. I didn't even know there was an animated movie out

It's not as bad as I remember. The mixture of traditional animation and cg animation didn't mix well, imo.

I'll leave this here:

It's as bad as early CG/FMV can get (and this is coming from the person who loves early CG/FMVs). Besides that, It's as good as the first movie, which was not all bad.
Thank you for that video! Now I don't even have to search for it :P
(11-11-2014, 01:00 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 12:22 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 10:48 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Dude, you should've gotten that Mortal Kombat film. I didn't even know there was an animated movie out

I'll leave this here:

It's as bad as early CG/FMV can get (and this is coming from the person who loves early CG/FMVs). Besides that, It's as good as the first movie, which was not all bad.

With the Mortal Kombat games starting out at characters were drawn and in game characters were live animations, the movie CG/FMV remind me of watching a fight in Tekken.
(11-11-2014, 12:22 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: It's not as bad as I remember. The mixture of traditional animation and cg animation didn't mix well, imo.

I'll leave this here:
THAT VIDEO IS INCREDIBLE! My sides!

There's also this: 

I'm so gaaaaaaaaay

On topic: 
There's a place in near me that I find still selling some really weird shit. Next time I go I need to take a picture. But yeah, stuff like a random sock or burned toys....kinda horrifying.