Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I have trivia and I don't know where to put it
As you propably already figured out, I'm not actually asking where on the site to put trivia.

My problem is this. I have trivia on two games, Gunbird and Shikigami no Shiro, that were then named Mobile Light Force and Mobile Light Force 2, respectively, in the Western countries. The trivia has to do with this naming process and while the original games don't have anything to do with each other they were somehow made to be in the same "series" in the states. Now, I could just put both of the trivia in the original game's section and just ignore the new names BUT I also have trivia that has to do with both US titles simultaneously.

Do I just add them as Mobile Light Force even though they are practically the same as the originals and the originals have nothing in common with each other?

MLF isn't even the consistent name for the games outside of Japan as at least Gunbird was later re-released with its actual name here along with its sequel, Gunbird 2.

EDIT: Is it possible to have a game in two series?
Ultimately, it's up to Dazz, but I would assume it should go under their non-western names and state in the trivia that the first one was changed to Mobile Light Force and that the second one was changed to Mobile Light Force 2 and has pretty much nothing to do with the first one.
Maybe the western names can be added next to their original names, in parenthesis?
I would put Gunbird and Mobile Light Force under Gunbird and Mobile Light Force 2 under Castle of Shikigami/Shikigami no Shiro
(12-07-2014, 01:48 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: I would put Gunbird and Mobile Light Force under Gunbird and Mobile Light Force 2 under Castle of Shikigami/Shikigami no Shiro

I was thinking that too but again, my problem is the fact that I also have trivia that has to do with both of the MLF titles but not the originals.
We typically use the North American release names, as that's where the bulk of our users come from. I would go for that, and just give a thorough explanation of the situation and hyper-link the pieces of trivia together.
You have to remember that users discover their games through the search engine and browsing. If we use Japanese names, a lot of these users will not find what they're looking for.

We tend to have trivia such as this fall into that American game's section, because in reality, it'll then be more likely to be discovered. A lot of people in Europe have become accustomed to dealing with everything being labeled under American names, because that's just how it has always been.
But the thing is, the games have also been released (or at least Gunbird is) in the US with its original name.
How about putting the American and non-Western names in the list of games. Could there be a re-direct link from Gunbird to Mobile Light Force and Shikigami no Shiro to Mobile Light Force 2 (if that's the correct this-to-this listing)? That way, even if someone chose the non-Western name, they'd be directed to the trivia that includes the trivia about the names. That trivia would prevent or fix some confusion as to why there was a re-direct under a different title name. At least, that would fix it for me, who had not previously heard the names of any of these games.
Yeah. That's why I asked if it is possible to have a game under two different series :P
If I may hijack this thread, what if the game has two different names in America?
(12-08-2014, 07:59 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(12-07-2014, 01:48 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: I would put Gunbird and Mobile Light Force under Gunbird and Mobile Light Force 2 under Castle of Shikigami/Shikigami no Shiro

I was thinking that too but again, my problem is the fact that I also have trivia that has to do with both of the MLF titles but not the originals.

My point still stands. I do know that Mobile Light Force and Gunbird is the same game (simaler to how Soul Blade and Soul Edge are the same game) and the sequel everywhere in the world is Gunbird 2. In the same way, Mobile Light force 2 (AKA Shikigami no Shiro) is not part of the Gunbird sires and has the sequels "Castle Shikigami 2" (subtitled "War of the Worlds" in PAL regions) and "Castle of Shikigami III" all over the world.

(12-13-2014, 12:59 AM)Takahashi2212 Wrote: If I may hijack this thread, what if the game has two different names in America?

May I ask what this game would be?
(12-14-2014, 11:46 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(12-08-2014, 07:59 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

My point still stands. I do know that Mobile Light Force and Gunbird is the same game (simaler to how Soul Blade and Soul Edge are the same game) and the sequel everywhere in the world is Gunbird 2. In the same way, Mobile Light force 2 (AKA Shikigami no Shiro) is not part of the Gunbird sires and has the sequels "Castle Shikigami 2" (subtitled "War of the Worlds" in PAL regions) and "Castle of Shikigami III" all over the world.

That wasn't my point. I have trivia for both of those games, yes, but I have a seperate piece of trivia that has to do with both of the MLF titles at the same time but not the originals.
(12-14-2014, 11:46 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(12-13-2014, 12:59 AM)Takahashi2212 Wrote: If I may hijack this thread, what if the game has two different names in America?

May I ask what this game would be?

Bloody Roar 3 got an updated remake for the GCN and OG Xbox as Bloody Roar: Primal Fury, and Bloody Roar: Extreme, respectively. Technically, if we're including Bloody Roar 3, it got released under three names.
Kinda like how the xbox live 5Ds game was repackaged and relabeled.
Sounds like you should just go with "Bloody Roar 3" and put any differences between the versions as trivia, but that's just my opinion here.