Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Games that gaming studios should go back to
Lets face it. We've seen Mario, Sonic, and hell even endless first person shooter games from most of the time. But every now and then there's that one series that is never touched by the developer, and is often overlooked from seeing the chance of the light of day of getting a new game. What are gaming franchises that gaming studios have been sitting on that should be touched again for another installment? Name the studio, the game that they own, and why they should go back to it.

Sega has a ton of one shot games. But they are too heavily focused on Sonic to notice. I know it would be sweet to see a different game from them besides Sonic. Maybe a new Nights game for the Wii U, a remastered version of Comix Zone, a new adventure with Billy hatcher, and so on. I know that at one point someone pitched to Sega a new Streets of Rage game, but that didn't end up getting made. Most of the other games that Sega owns aren't likely seeing the chance of a new game since in their eyes, its not 'a certain blue hedgehog' that makes $$.

Square enix should really focus on something else besides Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy. They got other RPG series to make games out of. Yet, nothing has happened with them recently. Chrono trigger(it may have gotten ported to the DS, but thats not strong enough for square to convince them to make more out of it). Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, and what they own on Super Mario RPG(the original content like Geno, Mallow, etc) to name a few. I know for a fact that I'd like to see a new 2D styled Chrono Trigger game for the 3DS and Wii U. But I'm not holding my breath on the matter since some of the people who worked on the first Chrono game had left the company. Along with the fact that they aren't interested in making anything for the Wii U. Honestly, KH and FF have run their course. A new Chrono game would be awesome for the 3DS if they handle it right. 
EA, Spore, the first one was their prototype for casual play.

They could go deeper or stick with the original vision.

Also, seriously, if you haven't, try bravely default, its fantastic.
I would like to see Rare remake Jet Force Gemini. I loved that game. Just imagine the possibilities: better graphics, more guns, new elements of game play, more worlds, bigger worlds, open worlds, maybe flying ships from one world to the next, space fights like in Star Fox. They could get so many ideas from Star Fox, Metroid, NO MAN'S SKY!!!!!! Rare could do so so so so so much with this. Alas, I really do not expect them to do anything with it. So sad.
I heard Naughty Dog might bring crash back. I would really like to see another Crash Bandicoot game. An actual platformer, not those kart racing games.

Capcom's Onimusha has been quiet for a long time too. The gameplay wasn't the best, but all of the stories are very, very enjoyable.
F-Zero.
That's all I got to say.
(12-12-2014, 06:59 AM)RyeoNox Wrote: I heard Naughty Dog might bring crash back. I would really like to see another Crash Bandicoot game. An actual platformer, not those kart racing games.

Capcom's Onimusha has been quiet for a long time too. The gameplay wasn't the best, but all of the stories are very, very enjoyable.

They gotta get the rights back from Actibitchin' first. Seriously, those guys are holding on to that harder than Sony is to Spider-man. 
Dino Crisis from Capcom. Horror games are making a comeback but zombies are currently saturating the market. There are a couple of smaller productions dealing with dinosaurs being released like Stomping Land and Primal Carnage but there's also a new Jurassic Park movie coming up, possibly causing more interest towards this kind of medium. Now's the best possible time for Capcpom to cash in on this chance and possibly bring some new and old fans together. I don't care if they reboot it, remake it or continue it (as long as it's after Dino Stalker and before Dino Crisis 3).

19XX, though it seems the only chance to ever see that series again is Capcom. Arcade and retro games are gaining new steam as of recent and hard but rewarding games have earned their place in the living rooms of gamers today. Capcom tried to bring the series back by releasing a kind of a reboot called 1942: Joint Strike which was way too easy, short and just overall terrible with no replay value whatsoever. If they could just go back to the arcade style mayhem with smooth and precise controls the series used to have they could cash in on the recent boom of retro reboots. Release it digitally, I don't care. Just do it.

There used to be a company called Psikyo who would release 19XX games under the Strikers moniker but they were acquired by a company called X-Nauts which now seems to be defunct so that's not happening. Their iteration of the series was the bomb, though.

(12-12-2014, 06:59 AM)RyeoNox Wrote: I heard Naughty Dog might bring crash back. I would really like to see another Crash Bandicoot game. An actual platformer, not those kart racing games.

Like RepentantSky said, the rights are still with Activision. Last I heard they said they have no intentions to sell them.
(12-12-2014, 06:28 AM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: I would like to see Rare remake Jet Force Gemini. I loved that game. Just imagine the possibilities: better graphics, more guns, new elements of game play, more worlds, bigger worlds, open worlds, maybe flying ships from one world to the next, space fights like in Star Fox. They could get so many ideas from Star Fox, Metroid, NO MAN'S SKY!!!!!! Rare could do so so so so so much with this. Alas, I really do not expect them to do anything with it. So sad.

Oddly enough. Aside from the first battletoads and Killer Instinct, this game didn't interest me as a kid. After I looked at it during my high-school days. I figured it would be interesting to see Rare go back to this, considering that there are very little 3D cartoony looking video games out there. While this may be on more on the lines of anime aspect(from being a bit like Tezuka styled anime). I know that Rare talked about considering going to do either a remake or a sequel to JFG at one point. But its obvious that Microsucks pulled the plug on that one. Since they LOVE making Rare its bitch.

(12-12-2014, 04:41 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: F-Zero.
That's all I got to say.
I'm puzzled why Nintendo hasn't bothered to touch this one. If my memory serves. Weren't there talks about any other F-zero games before they were scrapped? The closet thing you can get to anything F-zero related is that DLC in Mario Kart 8. Although. The thought of a Wii U F-zero would be fantastic.

(12-13-2014, 04:18 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Dino Crisis from Capcom. Horror games are making a comeback but zombies are currently saturating the market. There are a couple of smaller productions dealing with dinosaurs being released like Stomping Land and Primal Carnage but there's also a new Jurassic Park movie coming up, possibly causing more interest towards this kind of medium. Now's the best possible time for Capcom to cash in on this chance and possibly bring some new and old fans together. I don't care if they reboot it, remake it or continue it (as long as it's after Dino Stalker and before Dino Crisis 3).
I know a few people off of this site who would love to see Dino Crisis make a comeback. I'll be game for it if they can pull it off right.

Apart of what I mentioned. Other series that should be brought back into question are Crash Bandicoot. I know that Activision still holds the rights to the series, but its clear that they aren't doing much of anything with Crash(I wouldn't mind him being a part of skylanders to be honest). But a new game with Crash taking him back into his platforming routes would be a dream come true. Telltale games should make another season of Sam and Max. I'm game for a new Sam and Max season, but chances are they aren't doing it since they got their hands filled with The Walking Dead and Game of thrones. Let alone the major factor they need Steve Purcell(who's busy working at Pixar) in order for a new Sam and Max game to be approved of. It ain't the freelance police without Steve.
(12-12-2014, 04:41 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: F-Zero.
That's all I got to say.

Well, I feel like a game by Gust Co. Ltd. outside of the RPG genre is LONG overdue.
Anyone up for a new game of Earthworm Jim or even Clayfighter?
(01-05-2015, 04:23 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Clayfighter?

While they're at it they could reboot Primal Rage as well.
(01-08-2015, 03:57 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

Thats one of the reasons why i'm hoping Armikrog does well. So it can bring back the interest of doing video games with stop-motion. I read that Atari(do they still own the rights to Primal Rage?) was developing a second game but somewhere during development it got axed. I know that Interplay was talking about doing a new Clayfighter at one point which was called 'Call of the Putty'(parodying the call of duty series). So lets hope Amikrog does well enough to get people considering on making games with stop-motion graphics. That would be a nice change. 
(01-09-2015, 12:26 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 03:57 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

Thats one of the reasons why i'm hoping Armikrog does well. So it can bring back the interest of doing video games with stop-motion. I read that Atari(do they still own the rights to Primal Rage?) was developing a second game but somewhere during development it got axed. I know that Interplay was talking about doing a new Clayfighter at one point which was called 'Call of the Putty'(parodying the call of duty series). So lets hope Amikrog does well enough to get people considering on making games with stop-motion graphics. That would be a nice change. 

Isn't that upcoming Kirby game based on clay graphics?
^Yes it is. But I'm talking about other gaming studios besides Nintendo that does video games to venture in that direction.
(12-29-2014, 08:14 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(12-13-2014, 04:18 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Dino Crisis from Capcom. Horror games are making a comeback but zombies are currently saturating the market. There are a couple of smaller productions dealing with dinosaurs being released like Stomping Land and Primal Carnage but there's also a new Jurassic Park movie coming up, possibly causing more interest towards this kind of medium. Now's the best possible time for Capcom to cash in on this chance and possibly bring some new and old fans together. I don't care if they reboot it, remake it or continue it (as long as it's after Dino Stalker and before Dino Crisis 3).
I know a few people off of this site who would love to see Dino Crisis make a comeback. I'll be game for it if they can pull it off right.

I would love if Capcom did a BoF game right(Assuming the web game is going to crash and burn) as well as giving some of those Disney games a remastering(Though Wayforward was the developer who remastered Ducktales).

ADDED: I also would like to see some more of Falcom's games get some remaking, remastering and/or released for modern systems.