Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sony announces a Super Mario animated movie
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/12/son...ros-movie/

Just found out about this. I posted it in the gaming news, but I later removed it since this was bigger than to be mentioned on one part of the forum for its own topic. Now. We all know that Nintendo has been rather strict about films based off of their video games. We got one Mario movie from 1993. It was in live-action, it was panned by critics, and it made Nintendo vow not to allow anyone to make movies based off of their video games. Until now. This has happened.

Nintendo better be part of this, otherwise it's not going to be good. I've always wanted to see a more 'animated' version of Mario, but I hope that this can deliver. I know that during development of the live-action Mario bros movie, it was originally talked about as an animated movie. Knowing that Sony has done some 'cartoony' looking movies(Hotel Transylvania, Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs, and Popeye to name a few). I can see this working out with Sony. If they can get people who played the games and are fans of Mario(unlike the two idiots who claimed they played Mario when they were writing the live-action movie) have it faithful to the games as well as having the movie look 'animated' like I'm watching a cartoon instead of a big budgeted live action movie. I'm sold for a Mario movie. As I said. Nintendo better be part of this. 
But wait.

When am I getting my Super Hornio Brother 3?

Should I just kill myself now?
(12-12-2014, 02:49 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: When am I getting my Super Hornio Brother 3?
Probably never.
(12-12-2014, 02:49 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: When am I getting my Super Hornio Brother 3?

For Mario's 100th birthday.

[Image: lemonparty.gif]
(12-12-2014, 02:49 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: But wait.

When am I getting my Super Hornio Brother 3?

Should I just kill myself now?

Didn't you hear, it's a Nintendo Love Hotel exclusive.
Guys enough with the jokes. Get back on topic please.
just one more....err, got nothin.

On serious matter considering how Sony is in trouble, I highly doubt that the film might be any good. Why, you may ask. Because you can only go so far with a Mario concept and Sony might probably try to "spice" things up and everybody knows what happen when someone try to "spice" up(especially hollywood) a much beloved franchise.

Also, this interferes any possibility of having Mario show up in Wreck-It Ralph 2.
Considering that both of the official Mario movies were a bust it's a surprise they'd give a go-ahead for another one.

I still find it weird that Sony, of all companies, is making this. I know they have a big movie department but having Nintendo and Sony work together (again) isn't something I'd expect to see.
Have it star this guy
[Image: funny-people-merman-movie-1087402006.jpg]
*Deflated hype*
I hope they go out of their way to make this even more terrible than it sounds.
Make it "dark and gritty" with a war at the end. Use names of characters as locations so all the hipsters can go "OOOH I KNOW WHAT THAT IS A REFERENCE TOO".
Mario has a troubled past as Little P.Peach died while going undercover for the Lakitus. Mario hangs out at a place called World 1-3. Koopa is the name of a drug killing everything and Mario has to stop it.

It's all shot in Black and White with Mario narrating the story to the audience.
Then at the end there is a showdown with the Mario Pipes vs the Green Shells and drug is busted.

11/10 - Kotaku:
"Our dicks where hard the whole time"
Guys, this is being handled by Sony's animation department. They have improved over the years. You know what? What if Genndy Tartakovsky(who handled hotel transylvania and Popeye) was on board with this? Would you guys be satisfied? If this movie was handled by him, was faithful enough to the games, had a good story that suits for the series, and had the characters well animated like Transylvania and Popeye. I'd say we'd got ourselves a good movie.
I'm just making jokes man. Sure, it could be really good. I'm not much of a film guy, but I hope it does well.
Besides. Nintendo saw how popular the animated shorts with Pikmin were, but, in all honestly. I just want a good Mario bros cartoon that is well executed in terms of story, that is faithful to the games, and is well animated in terms of animation. I just hope that this is a success so we can finally get an animated feature film of Zelda.
It is a nice to know.
I'm down as long as it's not total garbage, but that's coming from the guy who plans to see and buy, the Ratchet and Clank movie, knowing that it's probably gonna be crap, because I like it, so yeah. I may not be the most subjective guy to talk about this, even though I know movies like this are stupid and tend to fail horribly.