Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I know What You Did Last Year
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/09/n...evelopment

So that's happening, apparently this year. I'm interested in finding out exactly how whatever developers are making it plan to pull it off. It seems like quite a task to take on.
Misinformation by IGN. It's not a Friday the 13th game, it's a survival multiplayer game that plays on the tropes of old slasher flicks and yes, the killer does look a lot like Jason. The game's called Last Year and it was succesfully funded on Kickstarter a while ago.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/las...val-horror

At least it sounds extremely similar right down to the gameplay style.

Whatever the case, I'm more interested in Until Dawn anyway.
Damn it. There goes my hopes for a Manhunt styled video game for Friday the 13th. :(
Now this sounds like a really fun game, I'll probably pick it up when it comes out.
Also, the maniac does look a lot like Jason, a little TOO much actually, can't they get sued for that? Just curious.
(01-09-2015, 07:36 PM)Boyobmas Wrote: Also, the maniac does look a lot like Jason, a little TOO much actually, can't they get sued for that? 

If New Line Cinema and WB catch wind of the killer being a lookalike(or at least similar to Jason) expect a C&D notice from them to these guys. 
Game has a bit of a Left 4 Dead feel to it with some of the objectives. Certainly is different from L4D, though, as it is possible to win by killing the killer.
I doubt they'll get sued. Jason, despite his iconic appearance, has a really generic outfit. Anyone can wear a hockey mask and overalls while wielding a machete.

Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, Pinhead and Leatherface (just to name a few) have more unique details in their appearances so I think these people picked the best possible character to copy.

There's an image of the killer (or one of them) on the game's kickstarter page, specifically the hockey masked one. The mask's smashed in the picture but it looks more like the one Casey Jones has.
[Image: 22992b13075c55d8ba27cd114de0cf83_large.jpg?1413692714]

You can see the full mask on the game's cover art, also on the page.
(01-09-2015, 07:11 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Misinformation by IGN. It's not a Friday the 13th game, it's a survival multiplayer game that plays on the tropes of old slasher flicks and yes, the killer does look a lot like Jason. The game's called Last Year and it was succesfully funded on Kickstarter a while ago.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/las...val-horror

At least it sounds extremely similar right down to the gameplay style.

Whatever the case, I'm more interested in Until Dawn anyway.

I'm pretty sure the last year is a different game than the one I was talking about. IGN's article not withstanding, Gamespot gives off a better idea of what's going on: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/friday-...0-6424576/

I don't know why, but that link won't hyperlink. Sorry about that.

Edited by BumblebeeCody to fix the hyperlink
Eh. I guess we'll see how this plays out but this series really doesn't need to stay alive as much as it has.
Uh-huh. Another movie and a television series too? Geez. I do love the film series but 10 parts, a crossover and a remake should be enough. I wonder if that means a sequel to the remake, which was terrible in itself.

The game still sounds reeeeeeeeeeally similar to Last Year.
But will it play like Manhunt though?
(01-10-2015, 04:28 PM)CLXcool Wrote: But will it play like Manhunt though?

It would be awesome if the kills were like Manhunt ones. It'd make sense too.
(01-11-2015, 04:20 PM)RepentantSky Wrote:

When I saw Manhunt for the first time. I thought of it as a 'spiritual successor' to Friday the 13th with you being a Jason like character killing off thugs in a gruesome matter. It even made me wish that a Friday the 13th game was made in the veins of this(with the spirit of Jason's mother following him as he makes his kills throughout the game). I hope that this game plays like Manhunt, and has deaths like Manhunt. Thats how I'd pictured a new Friday the 13th game to work out as. 
(01-11-2015, 04:25 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(01-11-2015, 04:20 PM)RepentantSky Wrote:

When I saw Manhunt for the first time. I thought of it as a 'spiritual successor' to Friday the 13th with you being a Jason like character killing off thugs in a gruesome matter. It even made me wish that a Friday the 13th game was made in the veins of this(with the spirit of Jason's mother following him as he makes his kills throughout the game). I hope that this game plays like Manhunt, and has deaths like Manhunt. Thats how I'd pictured a new Friday the 13th game to work out as. 

Now that you mention it, Manhunt really is like a 80's slasher film and Friday the 13th is the movies series it's most like. I hope we'll see a trailer soon so we can know what to expect. One has to wonder how far away a trailer is though considering the development team for the game isn't even publicly known yet. 
(01-10-2015, 04:23 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Uh-huh. Another movie and a television series too? Geez. I do love the film series but 10 parts, a crossover and a remake should be enough. I wonder if that means a sequel to the remake, which was terrible in itself.

The game still sounds reeeeeeeeeeally similar to Last Year.

Its ALMOST on tier with DragonBall. Dang.