Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A spirtual successor to Banjo-kazooie is coming
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=989297

Found a little something from Grand Kirkhope this morning. He just revealed that a magazine has revealed that someone is developing a spiritual successor to Banjo-kazooie. And if anyone asks. Yes. Grant is on board with the music for this game.  The team behind this is trying to get this on the Wii U. I'm happy that there's a spiritual successor to one of my favorite platforms is finally happening. I know at one point there was a different game that was titled as a successor to Banjo, but that went no where. Here's hoping that this is good. 
I don't have much to say except I'm thoroughly surprised and I'll have to see more before i judge it.
ALTHOUGH I SHOULD CLARIFY
I've never played a Banjo Kazooie game. Heck, it wasn't until 5 years (i think???) that i even heard of the series.
So with that, i do remember that it certainly had a fall from greatness, at least compared to the N64 games.
SO WITH THAT, I can only hope this looks decent compared to well...
Cars.
Lots of Cars.
And Racing.
And no Platforming whatsoever.
(Going by Jontron's review here but it genuinely doesn't look fun to me.)
so yeah. there's my thoughts on it.
I'm game, never really played any of the Banjo-Kazooie games. (Though I probably should.)
Also, I brightened the teaser photo from the developer's website:
[Image: p6w6j4I.jpg]
The front character seems to be a lizard or gecko kind-of creature.
It still looks like there's a bird companion. I see the beak but I can't discern what type of bird it is.

Also, the question is whether the name will have a similar naming as Banjo-Kazooie?
Its not necessarily a beak, though. It could be part of the other guy's ear.
I'm interested in seeing more about this. I played the first two games a bit and would like to see what they have in mind for a successor.
Someone on a different site thinks one of the characters is going to look like toothless. I could see that in some way. But I want to see some game footage of the characters to see what they look like(along with the game itself) to put any jokes/debunks on that aside.
I hope it's Banjo-Kazooie.
I've been wanting that for years.

[Image: tumblr_njkqglP9xH1skrcsho2_r1_500.gif]
(02-11-2015, 01:08 AM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: I hope it's Banjo-Kazooie.

Spiritual Successor 

Gonna be hype though.
I knoooow. I just.. I want it. So bad.
(02-11-2015, 01:08 AM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: I hope it's Banjo-Kazooie.

I don't. As much as I like the orignal BK, I think that the other two games were alright at best and another may just turn me off of Banjo for good.

I for one would love to see a new IP from the company insted of a rehash of older games that EVERYBODY wants to see. I have a feeling that is what they are going to do right after this new "Spiritual Successor" is made.
Not sure if it's still relevant, but some other fellas are making a "spiritual successor" to N64-Collect-a-thons called A Hat in Time. It's looking pretty neat, and they've been making steady progress.

(02-12-2015, 01:49 AM)Arjahn Wrote: Not sure if it's still relevant, but some other fellas are making a "spiritual successor" to N64-Collect-a-thons called A Hat in Time. It's looking pretty neat, and they've been making steady progress.

I remember CosmoWright(I think that's his name) streamed an early demo of that game.

Frankly, it doesn't interest me too much at this point in time.
I hope they don't try to knock of Banjo-Kazooie too much. It'd just seem weird.

A spiritual successor still has to be it's own thing to some degree.
Here's a new promo image showing off some concept art:
[Image: banjo_kazooie_teaser_2.jpg]
Main characters are still blacked out though.

Yeah...I'm not to keen on the art style they're going with but oh well.