Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Donkey Kong Country TV Show coming to DVD
The 90's GCI Donkey Kong Country TV show is coming to DVD.
[Image: donkey_kong_country_the_first_season.jpg]

...you know...THIS one:
[Image: 3342.jpg]
He had a tv show?
(02-21-2015, 02:52 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: He had a tv show?

Yes....yes he did....
I actually had it on VHS as a child.
Here's a pretty good video talking about it:
I remember LOVING this show so much as a kid. I thought it was so cool...
Then I saw an episode again a few weeks ago and thought "boy, either I was a stupid kid or just easily amused, but this is terrible".
The same cartoon that everyone keeps making memes out of?
*Blinks Hard* It's nice that it's getting a DVD release. But, why?
(02-21-2015, 09:45 PM)Melcadrien Wrote: *Blinks Hard*  It's nice that it's getting a DVD release.  But, why?

I have no idea, when I first saw it I thought it was a joke. But it wasn't.

On a related subject some company needs to release the complete english dub of the Kirby anime on DVD considering it was actually a pretty good show. (In my opinion, that is)
That's... neat?

but I do wonder how they are going to advertise it since nostalgia can only take you so far.
I'm down for it. I still like that show.
It's always nice when old shows get this treatment. I don't plan to get it but I'm sure it'll sell.
(02-21-2015, 10:04 PM)Boyobmas Wrote: On a related subject some company needs to release the complete english dub of the Kirby anime on DVD considering it was actually a pretty good show. (In my opinion, that is)
I actually liked that Kirby cartoon. It had its moments. If a DVD/blu ray release ever happens. I do hope that they have all the episodes uncut from the uncalled for edits that 4kids made(which from what I've read, the content that they edited was very minor).
EY YO DAWG. WERE MY BLU-RAY @, huh!?
(02-22-2015, 01:26 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: EY YO DAWG. WERE MY BLU-RAY @, huh!?

Let's be honest, if you want a Blu-ray of something animated, it's gotta be at least as popular as Eureka Seven, and even then it might never be sold in stores.
I remember liking this show as a kid. I can see that is has also aged as well as a banana left out in the sun for a week. Still I can remember a few of the episodes like the time DK had a sleeping spell cast on him and had to be kissed by "the banana in his eye" (and how stupid that reveal was).

The one this that I never got was the Cristal Coconut. There was always one in the show and K.Rool wanted it for the EviLolz. Come DK64, they're every where and my 7 year old mind is wondering why K.Rool wanted to destroy the island with so many Cristal Coconuts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esvneBX7ino
[Image: 0WxSMD4.jpg]

I think I'm gonna pass on this.