Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
VGFacts v2 is Here!
As I'm sure you've all noticed by now, we've made a number of changes to the site. This has been a work in progress over the last few months but I'm happy to finally unveil what we've been calling "VGFacts v2" to the world!

The site is cleaner, faster, and more useful then it ever has been before. We're also no longer relying on any third-party plugins for our JavaScript features - everything has been custom-written and you should immediately see improvements to things like the navigation menus.

One of the biggest new features is our greatly improved tag filter. You can now browse trivia with a much greater number of tags as well as filter by name, console, and developer! Re-tagging everything is a huge process though and, as such, we're not nearly done with it so don't be surprised if your searches come up empty when looking for trivia with specific tags for the time being!

Since removing ads from the site entirely, the layout looked a little stale and cluttered and that was the primary motivation for restructuring the site. Go ahead and browse through some of the trivia pages and you'll see that the new layout makes much better use of the space (and is also hopefully a little easier on the eyes). And audio attachments are now embedded using native <audio> tags instead of JavaScript players and should work natively on pretty much every device and browser.

As always, big launches are sure to introduce bugs we've missed along the way so if you notice any, please let us know here! And of course, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions regarding the new version, you can post those here as well. Just do me a favor and refresh a few times first - sometimes the updated styles take a few attempts to load correctly.

Anyway, welcome back and we hope you enjoy VGFacts v2!
Hey, if anyone has any submissions in the queue, you might want to go through them and edit. There's a new tagging system. (That's the real reason why some of my DBZ stuff was accepted so quickly. I had to keep it a secret)
For the longest time, the update wasn't working for me and seemed to brake the site. Now that it's better. I like the new look. More simplistic and a more pleasing lay out. 9/10 Spoiler:you always leave them wondering what you find wrong
Is anyone else getting an unfinished vibe from this? Some of the time the screen changes a font while its loading. Putting everything in lower cased lettered form.
(04-19-2015, 01:49 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Is anyone else getting an unfinished vibe from this? Some of the time the screen changes a font while its loading. Putting everything in lower cased lettered form.

Clear your cache. A lot has changed but the filenames haven't and chances are, you're seeing a mix of old and new.
I'll see if that works.

Edit: yep, it works. Much better.
Ayy, it's finally here! Nice to see v2 legitimately this time. Loving the front page (especially the top bat and audio player for the trivia.)
20 seconds in and I already broke it :P

[Image: e_zpsnqr5yq41.png]

Don't worry, it fixed itself when I refreshed.
Ctrl + F5.
I like it, It looks really nice and smooth! Keep up the good work!
Damn it, there was a fix for it and it took me several hours to find out.

Still, it looks great.
holy moly i missed a lot from that party huh
it looks absolutely fantastic! really like that new background image compared to the rather dark and dreary one previously. More more pleasant to my eyes.
Umm... Can someone explain what happened to two of my submissions? I'm posting this here because in that picture up there that I took a few days ago I still had 5 pending submissions but now I only have 3. I haven't gotten any confirmation that either of the two would have been accepted or rejected and my submission count is still the same.

Another reason posting this here is because I was wondering if this was a bug in the new site.
(04-21-2015, 04:31 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Umm... Can someone explain what happened to two of my submissions? I'm posting this here because in that picture up there that I took a few days ago I still had 5 pending submissions but now I only have 3. I haven't gotten any confirmation that either of the two would have been accepted or rejected and my submission count is still the same.

Another reason posting this here is because I was wondering if this was a bug in the new site.

Same thing happened to me, but mine eventually were submitted.
I think they're just adding tags to them, and in order to do that they have to take your trivia out of your pending list. That's my theory.

I'm also having a problem as well, when I try to edit a certain trivia, it takes me to a picture of the box art for Super Mario World. It's weird.
I've still got my 15 in the queue, but I've added the tags so that might be why.