Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Yooka-Laylee(The successor to Banjo-Kazooie) thread
Big Grin 
Alright. Now for something that has certainly cheered me up. News has been revealed about the spiritual successor of banjo-kazooie from Playtonic games(founded by people who formally worked for Rare) has been revealed. Yooka-Laylee is the official name for the spiritual successor to Banjo-kazooie. The two main characters have been revealed.
[Image: keyartfinal-3jpg-2c5cca_640w.jpg]

Yooka is the lizard, and Laylee is the bat. The kickstarter project for this will be online tomorrow. Your thoughts about this game? Its the successor i've been waiting for to happen for years now, and its looking great. 
Yeah, they announced it at EGX back in March when I went, seems pretty cool. I still need to go through Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2 though.
Oh, how the tables have turned. The mammal is no longer the mule!
Art style this game looks impressive. The question is whether the gameplay will complement that or not.
Not going to lie, the name sounds really stupid only becuse you KNOW that they are trying to copy what Banjo-Kazooie was. That being said, Looks like a RARE game. I'll play it
Well, they don't call it a spiritual successor over nothing.
I like the look. I do. Same team, that's cool. Playing on nostalgia, ok. It will probably be fun (if it gets off the ground).
The kickstarter for this comes on tomorrow. So chances are its gonna get the money it needs. Maybe it will even pull a Mighty Force No.9 in this case. 
Here's hoping it succeeds. A game in the fashion of good old Banjo-Kazooie. They even have the name down right as well except it's one word instead of two(Ukulele instead of Banjo and Kazoo).
I'm not the biggest Banjo fan, but I'll be following this kickstarter anyways to see where it goes. A project like this is important in order to get the community funded side of gaming the prominence in the industry it deserves.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pla...rare-vival

The kickstarter page is up...and I called it. Its pulling a Mighty Force No.9 as I type this very comment. Excellent! 
Very nice video. And by the looks of it they've passed the goal and then some. And it's just the first day, too! Goes to show that people are still interested in this style and genre.
Well now that only one stretch goal remains for this game, I really hope we see a new one added for a physical copy because honestly, I'd be more likely to buy it if it had one.
Awesome awesome!
Just a thought. Who or what the bad guy is gonna be for this game? Has anyone given thought about this?